Wiiware titles to sell under $10

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Japanese publication Nikkei Business reported the expected price ceiling and initial game genres of WiiWare. The new Wii service, expected to launch in early 2008, will allow users to download original software titles.

According to Nikkei Business, initial WiiWare titles will primarily focus on puzzle and edutainment genres. Nintendo will gradually expand the service to incorporate larger projects in other genres, in addition to acting as a publisher for small developers working with WiiWare. Third-party publishers are expected to be participate in the service, but in what capacity is unknown.

Pricing for WiiWare titles is expected to be under 1000 Yen, or approximately 8 U.S. dollars, Nikkei Business stated. No territory branch of Nintendo has officially announced specific pricing for the service.

Nintendo also reported sales of Nintendo hardware are through the roof. This means price drops on accessories, and the Wii system itself. It may also be the reason Nintendo commented on having Wii supply issues as far out as late 2008. If they price drop the console $100, you won't be able to buy a Wii till 2009... maybe.

sagema said:
Nintendo also reported sales of Nintendo hardware are through the roof. This means price drops on accessories, and the Wii system itself. It may also be the reason Nintendo commented on having Wii supply issues as far out as late 2008. If they price drop the console $100, you won't be able to buy a Wii till 2009... maybe.
How the heck do you come up with a price drop to $100???? Thats INSANE! Your downright STUPID if you think that Wii's will be $100 anytime soon.

I don't think there will be a Wii price drop anytime soon. Actually, I don't really see a point in there being a Wii price drop in the first place. It's already the cheapest and most value for your money (in my opinion) out there compared to the more expensive XBOX 360 and the extremely expensive PS3. If there was a price drop, I doubt it would go down by $100 or go down to $100. (not sure what you meant)

Nintendo has ALWAYS price dropped in the past quickly after launching a console. If that wasn't a fact, I never would have owned a NES, SNES, N64, and my sisters bought a GC right after the famous $100 cost. Do me a favor. Study history. Nintendo will price drop in 2008, if not this X-mas.

they defiantly wont price drop this x mas. that is just a stupid thing to say. its downright laughable! :lol:

No, Sagema is definetly right. He's 100% correct, study history. They always price drop soon, and I'd put my money on mid 2008. There will be a lot of competition for wii coming soon. People are resting a little on the fact that it's doing great, but a big reason is because a ridiculous amount of people are still playing PS2's, when those people fianlly scrape together the cash...what system will they most likely choose, especially after one or two PS3 price drops. Right around then, the Wii will have to find a way to compete harder...and the easies way in business to do that, is dropping the price.

Back