WiiWare

Wivo

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2007
Some people were talking that this will be available to the public during the summer? What is it? And people were saying that its better than ps3's home channel thing.

I haven't heard about the last line that you said there.
But what it is now, is a place to download new Channels etc.

And when it comes out in Full what it will offer from my understanding is a place to play and make mini-games. Nothing has been said about being better than Ps3's home, as it is not at all similar.

It will contain games and not a glorious 3d chat room. So it's the opposite of Home. It's a game channel, not a chat room with chess and pool.

In short, WiiWare, when it's released this summer, will be a system for releasing smaller games.

Generally speaking, it will be for releasing games too small to justify a DVD.
Basically, it's a venue for smaller developers to get into developing software for the Wii. It may also be opened up later to non-professionals, allowing Homebrewers to make native Wii games. That last is not confirmed and is just supposition at the moment, but would certainly be cool.

Announced items include a Chrystal Chronicles city building game, and a Pokemon ranching game.

I think there could be some free ones however I KNOW that most of them are going to be payed for

The final fantasy game will be about 1300 pts I read somewhere

are the games created free?

Well, as others already explained, it simply a way for smaller dev teams to make smaller teams. That said, I imagine some developers might make free software just to get their name out there, but most if not all will be charging. After all, the whole point is for smaller developers to enter the business without having to put up with the rising production costs for the dvd-sized games.

i think the big titles will cost you (like the ff cost about 1300 points as stated above)

but if you akes games and they cost can you make money..??

Expect costs to be around the same as VC Games in general.

Mostly, they will be prorated by size.
A game the size and complexity of ONE of the mini-games from WiiPlay will probably be 500 pts, while games on the order of WiiSports Tennis will probably be around 800-1000, and the biggest games should top out at 1500.

Also, expect to see free demo's through this service, as well as free small games.

IF, as I fervently hope, the WiiWare developers kit becomes available to the homebrew community, most of their content will be free.

Back