Wildfire? ._.''

WuddlePook

V(^.^)v
Jun 8, 2007
First off, if this is the wrong place or such, then yeah my apologies.

Well I live in California (as with other users here) but I woke up and found out there's some sort of wild fire or something, and that school was closed...

Well after watching the news for about 45 minutes to an hour, thousands(?) of people's houses has already burned down :/

Anyways, I just wanted to ask if you wouldn't mind sending a prayer towards those people who got caught within the fire, or is in danger of being caught in the fire. Thanks :]

Is this the thing in Malibu? I just heard that on the news and it seems to just be spreading even more...

According to the BBC -

At least one person has been killed and thousands evacuated as the fires spread, fanned by fierce winds.

Linkage

Rather sad, got an aunty out there =/

i live in California too.....only one person died and several injured and its going to take at least 2 days to contain the wild fire

The Malibu fire is nothing compared to what is going on around me down here in San Diego, over 500 homes have been burned with two major fires, one burning over 145,000 acres already and other smaller fires all going on around in San Diego County. I may have to evacuate my apartment tomorrow if the fire continues to move the way it is. I don't even know what's going to happen, and I hope the mass influx of firefighters from all over the state and other states will slow these fires down. I pray for all those who have already been affected and I really hope it doesn't burn all the way to my school and apartment. This is the worst fire I've seen, I drove down the freeway to see if I could see flames and they're no more than 1-2 miles south of the freeway I live close to.

ya, my bro lives in San Diego and him and his wife are all packed up waiting for the word that they have to evacuate.

well my cousins live in San Diego and they got word last night they had to evacuate..they said the fire was real close and everything was pitch black because of the smoke...i just hope they stop this some how before it reaches there homes...2 of my cousins and they family will be affected if it reaches.

It really sucks too though. My aunt dropped a call to ask if we were okay too so that's kind of nice :D Let's just hope it rains or something :/

There's also a fire in Anaheim Hills, I haven't seen that on the news yet. I hate how the air smells right now! The weather is soo dry!!

WuddlePook said:
It really sucks too though. My aunt dropped a call to ask if we were okay too so that's kind of nice :D Let's just hope it rains or something :/
Rain would be very nice, but just isn't going to happen with the Santa Ana winds raising temps and blowing the opposite directions from the norm. Looks like they have been able to slow down some of the fires down here. I got 3 hours of sleep last night, and I'm really stressed out due to these fires. There have been between 300,000 and 400,000 people evacuated and over 500 houses destroyed and over 100 businesses due to these wildfires. If we can make it to tonight and into tomorrow, the winds are supposed change and we should get some humidity back with the onshore flow and hopefully get these fires taken care of.

Well they just updated some figures so for any who care here is where we stand in San Diego county, 500,000 people evacuated, over 1200 houses destroyed, 1 fatality, 43 injuries (including 21 firefighters), 100 commercial buildings destoryed, and over 50 other structures have been destroyed. Also I'm practically breathing ash at this point, it's not good.

blueovalboy7 said:
Well they just updated some figures so for any who care here is where we stand in San Diego county, 500,000 people evacuated, over 1200 houses destroyed, 1 fatality, 43 injuries (including 21 firefighters), 100 commercial buildings destoryed, and over 50 other structures have been destroyed. Also I'm practically breathing ash at this point, it's not good.
wow that sux. . .

Sorry to hear that.
Saw it on the news.
I feel sorry for the common folk, but not many of the celebs though.

Paris Hilton was said to be happy that the "wildfire" is spreading around outside, and not on her crotch.

Here are a few images to give you an idea of the size of these fires down here. (Courtesy of News 8, San Diego)

harris_map_oct_23.jpg

witch_fire_oct23.jpg

map_northcounty_lg.jpg

Also overall the state has 18 active fires, 900,000+ people evacuated from their homes, and 2 fires contained. Luckily the winds are supposed to change and blow the fire back over where it has already burned so there won't be much left for it to burn. Also the on-shore flow will help bring humidity up and at the very least give the firefighters a chance to do work.

Last edited:
Back