Wildfire? ._.''

Well one of my cousins just returned to her house, she said its like a ghost town everywhere..something straight out of Silent Hill..But my other cousin is still not able to return home, but her husband go home everyday to make sure the house is ok and help out however he can.

my friends had to evacuate.
you think it'll never happen to you or anyone you know
(can't rep wuddlepook though,
stupid 24h limitations)

Last edited:
lol I don't care about rep >,<

But anyways fortunately for me, I'm pretty much safe over here for now. Although the same can't be said about my cousins, they may have to evacuate and come over here :/

Here is all the info I have on the San Diego county fires:

Rice Canyon fire 9,000 acres burned, 20% contained.
-206 homes destroyed, 1,500 homes threatened, 1,095 firefighters on this fire.
Witch Creek fire 196,420 acres burned, 20% contained.
-805 homes destroyed, 100 commercial properties destroyed, 2,331 firefighters on this fire.
Harris Ranch fire 75,000 acres burned, 10% contained.
-155 homes destroyed, 1,500 homes threatened, 1,341 firefighters on this fire.
Poomacha fire 35,000 acres burned, 10% contained.
-50 homes destroyed, 2,000 homes threatened, 719 firefighters on this fire.
(Horno) Camp Pendleton fire 6,000 acres burned, 50% contained.
(Ammo) Camp Pendleton fire 7,500 acres burned, 50% contained.
(Wilcox) Camp Pendleton fire 200 acres burned, 100% contained.
McCoy fire 300 acres burned, 95% contained.
Coronado Hills fire 300 acres burned, 100% contained.

Last edited:
I kind of feel sorry for these people, all the innocent normal Folk.

There are a few people that I have no remorse for in this incident.

However, I have a deep wish that those injured fire fighters recover fully after their bravery.

Good job with the news bb.

I hadn't addressed injuries and fatalities associated with the fire so if you're interested in how the firefighters are doing down here this is what I have.

-12 firefighters injured at Poomacha fire.
-7 firefighters injured, 25 civilian injuries, and 1 death at Harris fire.
-1 firefighter injured at Rice Canyon fire.
-22 firefighters injured at Witch Creek fire.

Also I'll update my previous post later tonight when more accurate figures on acreage and buildings destroyed is posted.

the news is sayin that the fires have been started by a group of people that are connected...anyone got any news on this...i cant seem to find anything.

They have dropped their massive news coverage on the fire down here since the winds have changed and it isn't threatening further west. As for arsin, I believe the Los Angeles County fires were started by people, and they shot and killed another person who was trying to set another one. WTF is wrong with people?

From what I heard the largest fire down here was started by power lines touching by being blown around by the Santa Ana Winds (Blow from the east to the west, versus the normal west to east flow, thus dropping humidity, and raising temps) that gust up to between 50-80 mph and thus creating sparks that landed on dry brush due to the fact we really haven't had any rain.

Bliss said:
the news is sayin that the fires have been started by a group of people that are connected...anyone got any news on this...i cant seem to find anything.
To the gallows with 'em if that be the case.

Man, hope my cousin is OK, havnt heard anything from him since they started.

According to a recent news article one of the arsonists has been arrested. Another arsonist was killed while fleeing from the police. I'll try and post the article.

Here you go.

Link to the article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article2737976.ece

From Times Online
October 25, 2007
Arsonists blamed for starting California wildfires

(Marcio Jose Sanchez/AP)
A helicopter takes water from the swimming pool of the Chabad Kyrias Campus in Running Springs, California
Jack Malvern and agencies
At least two of the wildfires that have devastated southern California may have been deliberately set by arsonists, police believe.

Officers identified two suspects yesterday, shooting and killing one of them after a high-speed chase into the foothills near San Bernardino, southern California.

The 27-year-old man was spotted behaving suspiciously in the scrub behind California State University, San Bernardino before he fled from police and jumped into a car. He tried to ram police vehicles twice, prompting officers to open fire. He was killed in the second volley of shots.

A second man was arrested in Hesperia, also in San Bernardino county, on suspicion of setting a brush fire.

In Orange County, police say they are certain that a fire that destroyed nine homes was man-made. Jim Amormino, of the Orange County Sheriff's Department, said: "It's definitely arson and it's been deemed a crime scene." Investigators from the FBI were called in to inspect three different ignition points.

Another blaze, in Temecula, is also being treated as suspicious, according to the Los Angeles Times. At least three of the 12 fires have been blamed on sparks from fallen power lines.

President Bush, who is scheduled to tour the fire-ravaged area today, formally declared California a disaster zone yesterday. The measure expands on his announcement of federal aid on Tuesday, and paves the way for more federal funds to boost the relief effort.

“Most importantly, I want the people in southern California to know that Americans all across this land care deeply about them,” the President said.

Easing winds offered Californian fire fighters some respite today as they battled to contain blazes that have killed at least three and caused more than a billion dollars in property damage.

Some 1,700 buildings have been destroyed in the 18 wildfires that have erupted since Sunday, forcing about half a million people to flee their homes and scorching 172,000 hectares (426,000 acres) of tinder-dry countryside stretching from celebrity-studded Malibu to beyond the Mexican border.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, the California Governor, said that three people were killed and 40 injured in the fires, the worst to hit California since devastating 2003 blazes which claimed 22 lives.

The fast-spreading infernos were fanned by powerful desert winds gusting across the region towards the ocean. The winds began to die down on Wednesday, and increased coastal humidity early Thursday enabled fire fighters to make great strides in containing three of the five biggest blazes.

Last edited:
blueovalboy7 said:
As for arsin, I believe the Los Angeles County fires were started by people, and they shot and killed another person who was trying to set another one. WTF is wrong with people?

wow this happened today?

Back