will a sandisk memory card that doesnt say"for wii" work on the wii?

Yes, it will work. That's just a damn marketing scheme...those sick bastards.

Thank you!!!

thank you sooo much... luckly im getting a 2 gig one

again thankyou

Yes it will work. I have an A-Data brand 2G microSD card that I use in my Sandisk mp3 player and my Wii (with an adapter). I only paid $24 for it.

It kills me that the Wii branded 2G Sandisk SD card is $70 some places! If you search the internet, you can usually find 2G SD cards for $15 or less after rebates. Even places like Office Max, Staples and Office Depot have them for $20.

Last edited:
I bought a 1 gig wii sd card off play.com for £8.99 , i dont know if you have play.com for america but they have some neat wii offers. ( im not advertising or anything lol)

i thought i heard somewhere that 2g's didnt work for the wii? :confused:

i went to buy one (ended up just using the 1g that i had from my camera) and i heard that the 2g was "too much" for the wii? is that true? put that "rumor" in the truth or fiction category someone please

4GB is too much for the Wii to recognize, as with some digital cameras. 2GB is the highest capacity for the Wii. Why would Nintendo sell a 2GB and not have it work?!? Any SD card for the Wii will work regardless of the brand. I see no point in buying one right now unless you have Excite Truck

Last edited:
s9am_me said:
4GB is too much for the Wii to recognize, as with some digital cameras. 2GB is the highest capacity for the Wii. Why would Nintendo sell a 2GB and not have it work?!?

thats exactly what i was wondering. why it would be sold if i was told it didnt work? odd right?

but thank you for the prompt response and help solving my question. i might have to find reasons to buy a 2gb card and put useless crap on it ;)

i dont even use the 1g that i have. i just want it because eventually ill need it

yeah i'll need one eventually too, but by that time, i'll either have a spare laying around or 2GB's will be dirt cheap.

ocdan said:
I had the same exact problem when I went out on my own to purchase underwear

God, You're Arrogant...

It Won't Do Anything To It... Heheh... I Just Use My Kodak Camera SD Card...:p

I bought a 2.0 GB Sandisk and it doesnt fit my Wii. I might be retarded.. do I need to buy an adapter or something??

Back