Will go back to hosting the Brawl League

Godwind

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2009
Anyways, I should be getting a hook up to the internet tomorrow. I am willing to go back to hosting the league. However, I may not host it here. There are a few reasons for this. The other site I was consider to host it on is Giantbomb.

http://www.giantbomb.com/wii/60-36/forums/

1) http://www.wiichat.com/competitions.php - I am really not that compelled to use that system to be honest. It really doesn't look like something that gives me the full customization I would like.

2) Wiichat incoming newbs suck - To be honest, looking at the majority of the new people that come onto this forum tend to suck. The main problem for me is that it is mainstream. I am sure people can go about and say "You were probably like that too!!" Perhaps, but I can get tired dealing with idiots that don't know how to write or are too lazy to read information.

3) Black is better to read than White- Being on this website gives me a headache. White is a reflection of all the colors out there where as black absorbs it all. Just swapping tabs I can notice the difference.

4) IGN is for whores - I hate IGN. Why should their opinion/score be a case argument I should care about. What happened to other sites. Plus I like the staff at Giantbomb A LOT more than IGN. Guys such as Jeff Gerstman, Brad Shoemaker and Ryan Davis. Plus the moderator staff is top notch.

However, if the idea of a Brawl league isn't popular at Giant Bomb, I will likely host it here.

Any thoughts or opinions?

That's fine with me, and perfect timing. I'm just getting back into Brawl, so feel free to put me in. Giantbomb sounds okay. I hate the news on here anyway.

Yeah. I am officially hosting the league there at giantbomb. Be sure to make an account soon. The league will be up on Friday.

I read all your posts, and I'm interested. I would prefer if I didn't have to make an account on that forum, but will if I have to. Even if I don't win... the 1v1 practice would be very beneficial.

I went to GB and found nothing I am interested in. They have a relatively low recent posts for Brawl. The ones I did read; however, were just filled with dumb arguments and "noob talk" for example: Under Post your Brawl FC's.

Captain_Fookup said: "Don't has Wii bro, I'll get one eventually and pwn your nubass.
Rappa's reply:"You wish artard."

^^ I simply cannot stand it. That was the second most recent one I found and it was posted over a month ago.

Then all you need to worry about is the league and nothing more.

sorry Godwind but I'm not joining a site for only one thing alone. i've checked and nothing else on the site interests me enough to join. I'll stick with the system here on wiichat.

Back