Will I ever see SNES lemmings?

North99

Banned
Jan 1, 2007
The music is so addictive i'd love to have it for VC so i could just turn the console on and groove to the tunes

and i love lemmings

What do you think, will it ever happen?

Yes. I'm not sure which company bought out the rights to Lemmings. But we'll see it on VC eventually. Lemmings 1-2 were released on the SNES. Most people don't know about 2 due to it's late, limited release. Other rare SNES games are Ogre Battle, Star Fox 2, Clock Tower (The first one released on the SNES, not the PS).

Hmm, of course if you had a modchip you could be playing it right now. I'm pretty sure my wiiemus emulator disc has most of the snes games on it. You have to use the gamecube controller though.

sagema said:
Other rare SNES games are Ogre Battle, Star Fox 2, Clock Tower (The first one released on the SNES, not the PS).
Star Fox 2? Never heard of it... was it as good as the first one? Loved that game :arf:

hey had forgotten all about lemmings!, would be awesome to have it on VC, would also be nice i think to have a remake for Wii,the controlls would be excellent!

lemmings

i used to have this game on my computer and it ruled. i was sad to see it recently released on psp and not ds. oh well, we got the almost similar mario vs. dk 2

sagema said:
Yes. I'm not sure which company bought out the rights to Lemmings. But we'll see it on VC eventually. Lemmings 1-2 were released on the SNES. Most people don't know about 2 due to it's late, limited release. Other rare SNES games are Ogre Battle, Star Fox 2, Clock Tower (The first one released on the SNES, not the PS).

Star Fox 2? I thought that was cancelled?

As for Lemmings, I wouldn't rule it out.

Napalmbrain said:
Star Fox 2? I thought that was cancelled?

As for Lemmings, I wouldn't rule it out.
he said it was a rare snes game,not that it was going to release on VC.

The company is more concerd with chruning out half arsed updates
Its a shame

Star Fox 2 was cancelled by Nintendo, however the game was also completed. One of the staff members who worked on the game sold copies at Las Vegas(From what I heard), got busted, and some of those copies were ported online. You can actually find Star Fox 2 on Rom websites. After playing it, I can see why it got canned. I was told only 1,000 cartridge copies exist.

The company Queen made Ogre Battle, went out of business after they completed the game. They managed to launch over 10,000 copies. To this day the SNES version is one of the hardest games to obtain. They later made a PS1 version which was an exact port(99%). I rented Ogre Battle from Block Buster. I would have bought it, but someone else had the same idea. I later got the PS1 version, no regrets. Atlus ended up hiring most of the former Queen staff, along with copyrights.

Last edited:
Back