Will I need a BIG television?

sausage dog

WiiChat Member
May 18, 2006
Think about it. Will this console come with a recommendation on television size so that the new controller works? And will the tv size effect the quality of the gameplay?

I guess my portable television is out tof the question.

yeah iv thought of that u rili do need a bigger tv for the wii remote 2 work coz i dont wanna play zelda on a tini wini screen it jus wont work

it would theorhetically work, you'd just feel like you're really overexagerating the movements on the screen i think.

the sensor will be the same size no matter the size of the tv (i think), so if the tv is too big you could end up trying to move too far and overshoot what you were aiming for as well (the exact opposite of the small tv scenario)

in the end it will just take a few minutes of getting used to playing it on your setup

edit: actually i think i've heard something about calibrating the wiimote which will probably practically eliminate this problem all together as it will prolly involve pointing to the outer edges of the screen to get an idea of your range of movement

will i be able to use a computer monitor? and will older tvs be able to work on it? as i don't have a modern tv .

will i be able to use a computer monitor? and will older tvs be able to work on it? as i don't have a modern tv .

i'm sure some company will make all the right attachments for that (nintendo usually does, then other companies make their own too)

And as for the computer monitor part, i'm sure that will be fine with the Wii, as all the motion sensors are built into the bar that goes on the top of your television... unlike the classic NES gun that communicated with the television (i'm pretty sure at least :lol: )

sausage dog said:
Think about it. Will this console come with a recommendation on television size so that the new controller works? And will the tv size effect the quality of the gameplay?

I guess my portable television is out tof the question.

I would think that the TV size doesnt matter, but you do have a point.

I would say that you would want to have atleast a 20+ Inch screen. Anything smaller would not work well and it would be a strain on the eyes.

Back