will Japanese wii remote work on US wii?

I'm using a Japanese Nunchuk attached to my US Wiimote and Wii without any problems. Should work with the remote itself, too.

it will, i have answered this quite a few times, so i could moan and tell you to search.....

But im not going to, as thats no use to anyone really....

anyway the remote will work, i have used american remotes on my uk wii, and i have used uk remotes on an american wii...

so the point is they are not region locked or anything, they are simply the same thing so you can use them where you like.

BiZZaRe said:
It shoudn't work! That's like saying a US Wii Game will work in an Aussie Wii console...

well no, as the games are region locked...

like i said i have used a us remote on a uk wii with no problems, and vice versa.

i also know that an official japanese lan adapter works on a uk wii...

Yeah it will work...
They didn't regional lock the Wiimotes because a GREAT feature about the Wii was that you could take your Wiimote around to your mates and just play [If your long distance relative visits then thats where the feature REALLY kicks in]

the wii remote is connected to the wii via bluetooth, there is no diff b/w bluetooth in the states and blue tooth in japan.....

Actually, no it does not. I bought two japanese wii motes from Fry's, and opened one of them. When you press a button on the remote, the blue lights flash meaning it's trying to find the Wii and determine what player it is, but it just flashes for a while and turns off.

Japanese Wii Remotes do NOT work on US Wiis, unless I just happened to get a defective remote.

putty_02 said:
Actually, no it does not. I bought two japanese wii motes from Fry's, and opened one of them. When you press a button on the remote, the blue lights flash meaning it's trying to find the Wii and determine what player it is, but it just flashes for a while and turns off.

Perhaps you didn't sync it?

Yeah you didn't

[Press the Red button the the Back of the Wiimote and the button inside the SD Slot at the same time]

yep, you need to synch.

when i got my remote out of the pack (uk wii, uk remote, not the one with the console) i just pressed the button, as thats all i had to do with the original remote......got the same thing, flashing then nothing...

happened once then i realised i had forgot to synch.

so its not the fact that you have incompatable remotes, just not yet synchronised remotes :yesnod:

Back