Will Microsoft Stay in the Console Wars?

WiiZero

Game Wiizard
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
5435-9829-5121-8955
Do you think Microsoft will publish another Xbox? and if so for how many more gaming generations?

I think no for a couple of reasons:

1. The last two Halo games are coming out for 360. Now they probably will make another Halo but it's not likely maybe a remake or compilation or just keep making Halo 2 a little different and include pieces of Master Chiefs armor.

2. What would they call another system the Xbox 1080, well okay that sounds pretty cool but seriously the PlayStation franchise could make 100 but if they continue their Xbox naming they will get in the billions. I don't think this will stop them in the short term but the numbers are going to get ridiculous.

3. If FPS ever dies down then the Xbox franchise is totally screwed. The 360's main feature is online, online's main genre is FPS. So through that cycle once FPS dies so will online therefore 360 will have nothing on the other consoles.

wow
im sorry but your reasons are the most stupid reasons EVER
1. m$ has announced Halo 3 will not end the halo universe or halo wars, they want to expand on the halo universe
2. this is the most stupid reason ever
3. FPS really isnt the top-selling genre, and genres really dont die much, since i dont think a single genre has even died in gaming history, since theres always someone who likes them..but yah gears of war isnt a FPS and its sold more copies than any other 360 game...and honestly theres not many FPSs, theres a huge variety, and a lot of the FPSs do come out on other consoles or PC from the 360

ha ha ha...the 360 I believe was to only emphasize the wireless controller feature (while hindsight shows it was useless anyways)....

What is stopping them from a new name? Look at nintendo...NES, SNES......N64.
Just because Sony isn't creative at all.

@Sov: Platformers have practically died. Much less. Especially 2D ones.

I didn't hear the thing about Halo being expanded but really after a while what more can they do we'll see when it comes out but I think after Halo 5 no one will really care and there is bound to be a better FPS than Halo at some point

As you can see no company has changed their naming style Nintendo has always made it completely different besides Gameboy and NES - SNES

And do a poll I'll bet you a lot of money people will say FPS is the best-selling genre

Oh and Sovieto your a moron the name of a console is one of the most important things about it

I don't really see the difference between NES/SNES and X-BOX/360. First 2 for both. If N64 didn't interrupt brand recognition back then, why wouldn't a new name now?

WiiZero said:
I didn't hear the thing about Halo being expanded but really after a while what more can they do we'll see when it comes out but I think after Halo 5 no one will really care and there is bound to be a better FPS than Halo at some point

As you can see no company has changed their naming style Nintendo has always made it completely different besides Gameboy and NES - SNES

And do a poll I'll bet you a lot of money people will say FPS is the best-selling genre

Oh and Sovieto your a moron the name of a console is one of the most important things about it
lmaooooo
name of the console is not the most important thing at all
@brawny sure but platformers are still around, 2D platforming is old tech so of course that will die, but its still well alive on the DS and what not, and games like jak and daxter and sly and even god of war are platforming/have platforming elements
its not a matter of a freakin poll what is the best selling genre, im sure it is, but thats because there a lot of the FPSs on the 360 become popular, but gears is still the top-selling game
theres been countless marios to the point where they started putting him in sports, and people are tired of him, mario bros, 2 3 super mario what not, did people get tired of those? no...
nintendo changes their style when their consoles fail so people wont think of it as the previuos console
look at it, its basically a fact
if people knew the gamecube sucked, would they bother looking at the Gamecube 2?
NES dominated, so yah theyll look at the SNES, and same with gameboy
N64 got creamed, so do you think people would look at N128????
ps1 did awesome, so they made ps2, ps2 did awesome, so they made ps3
as long as the brand name works its fine......

Brawny said:
I don't really see the difference between NES/SNES and X-BOX/360. First 2 for both. If N64 didn't interrupt brand recognition back then, why wouldn't a new name now?

Good point but look at the fact that Nintendo was in all those names

Sovieto:

haven't you taken anything on marketing naming is massively important

WiiZero said:
Good point but look at the fact that Nintendo was in all those names

Sovieto:

haven't you taken anything on marketing naming is massively important
yah..i gave it the respect it deserved in the lats part, but its def. not the most important part, im pretty sure games and features top name...

Sovieto said:
lmaooooo
name of the console is not the most important thing at all
@brawny sure but platformers are still around, 2D platforming is old tech so of course that will die, but its still well alive on the DS and what not, and games like jak and daxter and sly and even god of war are platforming/have platforming elements
its not a matter of a freakin poll what is the best selling genre, im sure it is, but thats because there a lot of the FPSs on the 360 become popular, but gears is still the top-selling game
theres been countless marios to the point where they started putting him in sports, and people are tired of him, mario bros, 2 3 super mario what not, did people get tired of those? no...
nintendo changes their style when their consoles fail so people wont think of it as the previuos console
look at it, its basically a fact
if people knew the gamecube sucked, would they bother looking at the Gamecube 2?
NES dominated, so yah theyll look at the SNES, and same with gameboy
N64 got creamed, so do you think people would look at N128????
ps1 did awesome, so they made ps2, ps2 did awesome, so they made ps3
as long as the brand name works its fine......

i agree with what you have said here

Xbox is doing the best out of all the game systems. They have the most games. Awesome graphics. Lots of downloadable online content. Why wouldn't they keep on making future versions of Xbox??

Brawny said:
Eh, I won't even mention that it launched a YEAR before both of the others...Oh wait I did.
i think that alone tells us something
it did launch a YEAR before, and its still keeping up and selling on an even level, that tells us something about the brand

there already is a better fps than halo................original metroid prime

Back