Will Microsoft Stay in the Console Wars?

Sovieto said:
i think that alone tells us something
it did launch a YEAR before, and its still keeping up and selling on an even level, that tells us something about the brand

not really GoW was the first really good game

Wiiboy said:
there already is a better fps than halo................original metroid prime

not an fps moron

well it still has a large variety of games and soon the wii will aswell but ps3 will only have like 2 or 3 hits and its allover, they might aswell just keep goin with the ps2 cuz its outsellin the ps3

Sovieto said:
i think that alone tells us something
it did launch a YEAR before, and its still keeping up and selling on an even level, that tells us something about the brand

I think Nintendo SHOULD restrict sales. Suddenly release them right when brawl comes out. It will be another launch.

Eh, can't really say "selling on an even level" as Nintendo isn't (at least it isn't a very good plan long range) restricting shippments, and the ps3 is selling only 75% of consoles. (generally). This market is really hard to analyze at the moment.

Brawny said:
I think Nintendo SHOULD restrict sales. Suddenly release them right when brawl comes out. It will be another launch.

Eh, can't really say "selling on an even level" as Nintendo isn't (at least it isn't a very good plan long range) restricting shippments, and the ps3 is selling only 75% of consoles. (generally). This market is really hard to analyze at the moment.
360 sold the most units this holiday season, sure it was because there werent enough wiis, but even level nonetheless

WiiZero said:
not really GoW was the first really good game

not an fps moron
im not sure what the really first good game has to do with anything
do you know how many games have gone platinum on the 360 already?! and your going to say GoW was the first really good game, it was the first killer app, thats all

Sovieto said:
im not sure what the really first good game has to do with anything
do you know how many games have gone platinum on the 360 already?! and your going to say GoW was the first really good game, it was the first killer app, thats all

Actually Gow sucked. I fail to see what makes it so special. Plus the online play sucked hard too. Xbox 360 still has the best games, but we'll have to wait and see what Bioshock and Halo 3 are like.

It is way too early in the console wars to say that.
The fate of the Xbox's name, games and online all depends on the consumer.
Don't judge yet.

Do a google search for "Xbox 360 Losing Money" and let me know if any of the hundreds of articles about how much their losses are on the 360 change your mind. The only company actually making good money from console sales is the big N.

xRealNinjuzx said:
Do a google search for "Xbox 360 Losing Money" and let me know if any of the hundreds of articles about how much their losses are on the 360 change your mind. The only company actually making good money from console sales is the big N.
omg wow great argument
maybe if you did a littlle research m$ is aware they are losing money on the consoles and they did this with xbox too. ps3 is also doing it, they are hoping to make money back with software and what not, they strive to give us great value so we have a better system. it actually makes the wii look bad since it wants to make money and give you last gen tech

David328ci said:
Actually Gow sucked. I fail to see what makes it so special. Plus the online play sucked hard too. Xbox 360 still has the best games, but we'll have to wait and see what Bioshock and Halo 3 are like.
have fun with your opinion but that has nothing to do with the sales already planted

I played GoW once at a friends house, it was AMAZING. The online is amazing, I love how you can play music at the same time on it.

Sovieto, I will post this here for you in case you don't feel like trying to argue via PM.

While you are trying to be a smartass, I will go ahead and clarify for you as well, since being a "smart gamer" apparently has nothing to do with common sense.

While Microsoft has a great product, the fact that they are losing money on every console is only second in importance to the fact that because of their weak position in Japan, the amount of money they are ACTUALLY losing and the margin with which they are selling consoles is increasing on a daily basis.

They are selling more than 10x fewer 360s than Wiis in Japan. Is it because they are selling out? You must be out of your mind. They have consoles sitting everywhere. Money down the drain. Do you REALLY think they will continue to dump money into the black hole that is the 360 and beyond?

So while you might be a "smart gamer", you seem to have forgotten that while the Xbox 360 may be strong here, it is a floundering piece of crap to a lot of the rest of the world.

It was reported that Microsoft has a war chest of $60 billion to lose on the console wars. They only lost $5 billion on the Xbox, and made most of it back. The 360 is barely in the red. So they still have near $60 billion. With XBL, developer support growing, I think they got 2nd place, maybe first for the entire console wars.

It's not so much a matter of how much money they make, it's wondering whether or not they are losing, and how much they will continue to lose before they call it quits.

xRealNinjuzx said:
It's not so much a matter of how much money they make, it's wondering whether or not they are losing, and how much they will continue to lose before they call it quits.
well your the one who freakin brought in the money making figures
and well, 360 is winning the console war and was the top selling console last x-mas

Sovieto said:
well your the one who freakin brought in the money making figures
and well, 360 is winning the console war and was the top selling console last x-mas

Wii's are selling more than twice as fast as 360's and PS3 is pretty close to it and when I said GoW was the first good game I know what I said I didn't have any friends with a 360 until Gears came out

Back