Will my us wii work over in england?????

ritchie

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2007
am moving over to london from the states was hoping someone could tell me if my wii is compatable with the uk games, i know i will need a power adaptor to fit the sockets but how about the games.. any help would be great but please no guesses, thanks

It will not be compatible with with UK games. The reason is because UK games are PAL formated and the games in the US are NTSC formatted which only works in the US wii.

basically it will work in the UK with the games you currently own...however

if you purchase any games in the UK and try to play them on your US Wii they will not work..

if you dont mind a little inconvenience and extra shipping costs you can continue to buy games thru US websites and have them shipped to your place in the UK..but with the US dollar doing so badly now you're better off either modding your Wii to play UK games (strongly advise you not to do this) or (great option) Sell your Wii in here in the states with all your games and make probably 500$ (dont believe me..check ebay...demand is insanely high especially closer to christmas) and then turn that 500$ into a lot more when you move to the UK and buy a new Wii and games and you'll have cash left over too.

Eddienoteddy's advice is sound.

Most TVs available in the UK now should run a NTSC Wii without any problem. The only reason i can think of for keeping the US Wii and importing games though is that games can take longer to come out in the UK. I dont know if it would effect your multiplayer experience or not as its mostly regional for the Wii.

If you sold your US Wii and bought a UK one you should be able to transfer your Miis via a Wiimote or SD card but you would lose any VC games. Im not sure about saved game files though.

I would sell the US Wii and buy a UK Wii, unless you have a lot of Wii owning friends in the USA who would send you games. It could be better owning a console from the country you are living in too as its easier to get fixed if you have a problem.

Back