Will nintendo ever release a...

Sevn.7

WiiChat Member
Jan 15, 2008
Release a patch for brawl that makes the dramatic changes it needs online.

Things that wouldnt hurt at all to be in the game?

A 1v1 random match?

Rankings?

Choice of stock played games??

Seriously anyone know anything about it?

that would be a grand idea, and it actually seems pretty likely. things i'd like to see:

1. online ranking / stats
2. online search filter (location, latency, number of players, difficulty, etc)
3. actual online chat (voice or text)
4. LESS LAG

It's a possibility, but I figure all we need is the friend mode to get tournaments set up. Plus a tournament mode would bog down too much time. (32 people, even with each match only 4 minutes could take hours out of a day. Some people just can't spend that kind of time.)

Pahhur said:
It's a possibility, but I figure all we need is the friend mode to get tournaments set up. Plus a tournament mode would bog down too much time. (32 people, even with each match only 4 minutes could take hours out of a day. Some people just can't spend that kind of time.)

4 minutes per match X 5 rounds = 20 minutes :wtf:

five rounds?

32 people is more than five rounds... plus there are the rounds after that. Tournaments go in a pyramid pattern usually.

16 x 4 = 80
8 x 4 = 32
4 x 4 = 16
2 x 4 = 8

136 minutes

136/60= about 2 hours and 16 minutes.

While that doesn't look like much, how many people are going to want to sit throug the extra matches on the first rounds. It's probably better if the tournaments are set up online and carried out when both parties have the time to do so.

On the lighter side, I wouldn't mind allowing names and taunts on the regular online. I'd like to know who I'm beating up rather than let it be a faceless person.

One thing they need to do is if you're friends are online, let us be able to send them invites after creating a room!!!

In conjunction with everything else you guys said...

It's not possible for them to update anything in game, as in any extra option, etc. It's a disc game, not HDD. The only possible thing is for them to add a channel that shows ladder, or a rank, that they record on their server. That won't happen either. We're stuck with online as it is. The only way we can hope to customize anything in game is with memory editors (AR or w/e that works) but even then I think that has its limits.

Less Lag please? I dont see how everyone plays online, when I play there is a huge lag in moves.

Douten said:
It's not possible for them to update anything in game, as in any extra option, etc. It's a disc game, not HDD. The only possible thing is for them to add a channel that shows ladder, or a rank, that they record on their server. That won't happen either. We're stuck with online as it is. The only way we can hope to customize anything in game is with memory editors (AR or w/e that works) but even then I think that has its limits.

This is untrue.

Back