will pay and play have any different online features?

Who's to say? We don't know much of yet, but if we are paying for it I would think it would be enhanced in some form. Downloadable content and no Friend Codes are believe to be some of the things that will be worked into the Pay To Play.

Since it is only toward selected games I'm thinking how the service is, is mostly up to the developer. But that's all speculation.

I think its a fairly safe assumption that the quality of online play in P2P games will increase, however, its undeterminable as to what extent that quality will improve. Why else would they be charging this on a game-to-game basis?

it's prolly not gonna have friend codes, maybe online.

There are to many threads complaining about this news of Pay to play before the details are out. On that note It is irresponsible for Nintendo to announce this without details as they know this news will get a rise out of people. I for one will not be cursing Nintendo until we know the details. Plus they are going to have to announce how we are to store the downloadable content and Wiiware titles. A little news please Ninty as this will calm your faithful masses.:smilewinkgrin:

quote said:
Nintendo's Takashi Aoyama announced a new expansion to Nintendo's Wi-Fi services called Wii Pay & Play. Aoyama explained that Nintendo will begin "collecting fees for some services [that] will allow us to adapt flexibly." In other words, by subsidizing additional, unnamed service and feature costs to consumers, Nintendo feels they can explore new concepts and channels.

He added that it was a Nintendo initiative to avoid misleading consumers into thinking they can buy games that can be played entirely free when they cannot (whether or not this implies an initiative to begin charging for multiplayer content was unclear). To aid in a clear cost presentation, the blue WFC logo will be joined with a similar red logo featuring the line "Pay & Play.

There has been no mention of them ditching friends codes, thats all speculation.

There has even been no mention at all that they will charge for online service with these pay to play games. Simply that "they do not want to miss lead customers with the Wifi Logo and them thinking everything they do is gonna be free on that game".

They have however confirmed that they will have DLC/Voice Chat comming out by this summer around the same time as Pay to Play hits. So take your guess what its for, but its pretty obvious really.

Beyond that I don't think its going to be much different or cost much beyond what you use/download. They have a contract agreement for online support through the life of the console, there is no reason to change the online service beyond add ons because its already paid for.

They are not making some kinda Nintendo Live service that will work on every game with easier setup. This is said to be on a game to game basis. Most likely is going to be only the games that support Voice/DLC and thats probably it, your just gonna pay a fee for the extras. The online probably won't change much.

Staszy26 said:
since they are charging us will they be changing the online to make it better?

So to answer you question, no you will not be charged for online play itself "based on the 30 or so interviews I have read on the topic" You will be charged for only extra services to make it better, but honestly these are services they should have included in the first place. I understand charging for DLC but voice support should have been ready to go from online day 1 for free.

We will have to wait and see how it turns out.

Last edited:
sounds exciting..

could get on site all last week, so dont no waht this is about, can some one give link

P.S anyone miss me :lol:

Back