Will regular 360 prices drop when Elite comes out?

The Plague

Village Idiot
Apr 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
1182-9984-2366-3934
This is pretty much self explanatory..Since the Elite is coming out, I want to know if prices will drop for regular 360's (Both core & premium)...

I am aware that they have a good chance of remaining the same since the Elite will cost $480...80 more than the Premium...So do you think the prices will drop?

I believe the prices will go down a bit however it wont be that big of a price drop.

Syntax said:
I believe the prices will go down a bit however it wont be that big of a price drop.

I was thinking they'd go down like $20 but my friend was saying something ridiculous, like going down $50 or more...

If it went down $50, you could buy a 360 for the same price you could buy a Wii, which I never saw coming..

The Plague said:
If it went down $50, you could buy a 360 for the same price you could buy a Wii, which I never saw coming..

How much are Xbox's currently?

Xbox 360 are currently 397 (Core) and 497 (platinum) Canadian.

As far as i know, the 360 isn't Slated for a price drop and is still the same price as it was the Day it came out.

If a price drop happens I'll let you know, If i get a chance at work tonight i'll look through the computer announcements, It'll say something there.

Ps: I work at Wal-mart in electronics.

no
cause it still goes off the basic formulaii
core + 20 gb harddrive is $400, so you should just buyt he premimum and you also get extras
core + 120gb harddrive is $480, so you should just buy the elite and you also get extras

Alexmeadus said:
Xbox 360 are currently 397 (Core) and 497 (platinum) Canadian.

As far as i know, the 360 isn't Slated for a price drop and is still the same price as it was the Day it came out.

If a price drop happens I'll let you know, If i get a chance at work tonight i'll look through the computer announcements, It'll say something there.

Ps: I work at Wal-mart in electronics.

In the U.S.

Core - $300
Premium - $400
Elite - $480

in canada this past Christmas the premium dropped to 399 ( the price of the core) ....so like someone mentioned i dont see a price drop when the elite comes out

In a word...NO. Microsoft is sitting pretty on top of all things videogaming right now. They have NO reason to lower their prices right now and the only reason they would lower them is maybe to drive sales even higher and that would only occur during the "Holiday Season". So like for a month of so. Other than that I'm pretty sure they're going to keep prices the same as usual because people are still buying them at a steady rate and its a great system with a justifiable price.

The Elite on the other hand is a whole nother question. For $80 more I would like a little big more of an upgrade than just HDMI (and not the latest version according to sources at that), bigger Hard Drive, and black color job. But then again thats a whole lotta extra space and a very NICE looking color job...lol. I'm gonna have to ask the experts on this. ...Is the Elite worth the money?

if you dont have a 360 than yes its worth the money because for 80 bucks more u get:

component cables
composite cables
hdmi enabled box
hdmi cable
hdmi splitter ( run your audio to your receiver)
100 gigs more on your hard drive
apparently a cooler running 360 ( but no 65nm chip)
and the black paint job

the hdmi cables would run you 50 bucks alone so for 30 bucks 100 gigs definitely worth it ONLY if you dont have a 360 already

My cousin works with microsoft on some of the 360 system stuff and the price drops going to be 80 or 100 (he couldnt hear real well) but if it does sweet

i could deffinately see a $20 dollar price drop in may

core: $280
premium: $380
elite: $480

Back