Will the browser bar cause...

Depends on what type of TV you have.

If you have a...
- CRT TV (Traditional tube TV)
- CRT rear projection TV (Old bulky HDTV's from a few years back)
- Plasma TV
Your TV can suffer from burn-in, if there is a non-moving image left on screen for too long.

On the other hand, DLP rear projection TV's and LCD TV's do not suffer from screen burn-in.

It still takes a relatively LONG time to burn something into a standard CRT television.

Keep your brightness down on a CRT set and it will help a lot (make sure the blacks look black, basically).

LCDs do not suffer from burn-in, nor do 3LCD rear projection sets (LCD projection) or DLP, as mentioned.

The Wii has an option to reduce screen burn. After you leave it alone for a long time, the screen will darken.

gh05t said:
whats screen burn??

Screen burn-in is when you leave the game with a still image for a long time, it will 'burn' an image into the screen, and you can see the image even when you aren't playing the game. My old TV has the Animal Crossing inventory screen burnt into it haha

Last edited:
unluckylink13 said:
The Wii has an option to reduce screen burn. After you leave it alone for a long time, the screen will darken.

Screen burn-in is when you leave the game with a still image for a long time, it will 'burn' an image into the screen, and you can see the image even when you aren't playing the game. My old TV has the Animal Crossing inventory screen burnt into it haha

yes but i think he means even when using it, it can still burn the bar in....

OHHH ok i know what ur talking about lol will it leave "screen burn" if u turn off the TV??

If youre gonna leave your tv for an extended period of time, just turn it off! Plus, have you ever seen a comp moniter with the start button and task menu burned in? Ive never seen one

Back