Will the jaggies Improve with better games?

StevenNevets said:
Ya, I don't see why they can't/arn't doing this on the Wii.

2x AA will not totaly get rid of them (you'll need around 6x before they are pretty much unnoticable unless zoomed in and looking closely) but it would be significantly better and would be good enough for me.

Yeah, agreed. I think just cleaning up the edges a bit would be beneficial, so 2x would suffice, and probably not hit performance that much either. In other areas I'm very happy with gfx. Some of the lighting effects are excellent.

The graphics will improve over time. Look at the Ps2 launch titles graphics compared to say, Shadow of the colossus and gta3.
Right now games are being made quickly or are being ported to exploit the fact that there aren't many games out on wii yet. Remeber we still haven't seen a game developed for the wii thats had the same time/effort that most games got on the previous generation of consoles.
Zelda was a GC port (Developed an extra year for wii)
Red Steel was rushed. etc
The truly great games (graphically) will come in time.

(Not that Zelda isn't great :smilewinkgrin: )

BrandonMcAuslan said:
The graphics will improve over time. Look at the Ps2 launch titles graphics compared to say, Shadow of the colossus and gta3.
Right now games are being made quickly or are being ported to exploit the fact that there aren't many games out on wii yet. Remeber we still haven't seen a game developed for the wii thats had the same time/effort that most games got on the previous generation of consoles.
Zelda was a GC port (Developed an extra year for wii)
Red Steel was rushed. etc
The truly great games (graphically) will come in time.

(Not that Zelda isn't great :smilewinkgrin: )

I take your point, but if antialiasing is available then it shouldnt be too hard to switch on, regardless of whether the game is a port.

swiitness said:
I guess its just showing the limitations of the Wii. I know its not meant to have terribly ugly graphics, but the hardware does limit it from showing us perfectly smooth textures.

670i is said the be the limit. The componet cable max is 540i so stop acting like you know what your talkin about.

The Wii should be powerful enough to support anti-aliased graphics. low-end Intel Celeron processors were able to do it 6 years ago. The question is... is it cost effective to make great new games, when you can re-release an 8-bit VC game and make millions of dollars off of it.

Back