Will the wavebird fit???

Combat Deity

WiiChat Member
Jun 12, 2006
looking at the designs of the wii, i just thought, will the wavebird reciever fit the wii!? if that plastic cover stays upright then there is no way it will fit, hopefully it folds back flush with the console. Any thoughts on this :rolleyes:

I was also wondering that. That would be a very big deal if it didn't fit especially if we have to play ssb brawl with the gc controlers.

thats a good question, it would also depend on which way the ports are oriented, ie the flap could go one way but 'up' for the ports would be the other way allowing the wavebird receiver to stick out the other way

edit: the pic below from i0n is exactly the layout i'm talking about in case it was unclear....

Last edited:
Im pretty sure Nintendo wont leave the Wavebird out, afterall it was a big hit for the GC. I found a pretty decent pic of the controller ports under the lid, looks like it'll fit to me.

I think I have the answer...
I just got my first issue of Nintendo Power, and inside was a sweepstakes survey, and one of the questions is:
Nintendo Power Survey said:
F. Which of the following Wii control features or functions is of the greatest interest to you?

1. motion Sensitivity
2. Speaker embedded in teh Remote Controller
3. Connectable Nunchuck controller
4. Wireless functionality
5. One-handed Remote Controller design
-->6. Compatibility with WaveBird for playing GameCube titles <--

Since option 6 is even there, we know it is compatible in one way or another. My guess is that it will operate directly through the Wii's wireless funtionality

i0n said:
Im pretty sure Nintendo wont leave the Wavebird out, afterall it was a big hit for the GC. I found a pretty decent pic of the controller ports under the lid, looks like it'll fit to me.

AHHHHHHHHHHH... the ports are the oppisite way round to what i thought... :lol:

Thats kinda weird how the ports on top of the system, guess you could always lay it down. Are the games going to still be on mini disks or what?

The games are normal sized discs from what I've gathered. But the Wavebird better fit, I just bought one to play my new Zelda game wireless.

Back