Will the Wii U play previous wii and Gamecube games in HD?

Maldo

WiiChat Member
Mar 15, 2011
It could prolly play regluar Wii games in HD (most in 720P while some in 1080P), but can it play Gamecube games also? (in HD or ED/SD)

If it won't play Gamecube games, they'll probably make some of them available fer download on the Wii U's shopping channel.

Speeking of VC, along with adding GOOD titles (not crappy horses#!t), they could also add Sega Saturn, Sega CD/32X, Atari Jaguar, 3D0 (Maybe), and Sega Dreamcast stuff on there if Ninty gets the proper licenceing to do so.

If they put stuff from the Philips CD-I on (like Hotel Mario and the horrid LOZ titles... among other shitewipe titles), some ppl (like me) will freek!... While others (hopefully not) such as the Youtube poopers may jump and jizz their pants in joy.

It could prolly play regluar Wii games in HD (most in 720P while some in 1080P), but can it play Gamecube games also? (in HD or ED/SD)
The wii games wont be in HD, unless upscaled.
I think Nintendo are forgetting about the Game cube as nothing is set in stone
If it won't play Gamecube games, they'll probably make some of them available fer download on the Wii U's shopping channel.
Thats about 4 Gamecube titles then
Speeking of VC, along with adding GOOD titles (not crappy horses#!t), they could also add Sega Saturn, Sega CD/32X, Atari Jaguar, 3D0 (Maybe), and Sega Dreamcast stuff on there if Ninty gets the proper licenceing to do so.
Yes, but expect crap first, see previous statement, see preprevious statement, HA no!, again there's nothing on it that hasn't bee ported before.

The people that want a 3DO have never played on one. yes it is that bad.
If they put stuff from the Philips CD-I on (like Hotel Mario and the horrid LOZ titles... among other shitewipe titles), some ppl (like me) will freek!... While others (hopefully not) such as the Youtube poopers may jump and jizz their pants in joy.
See me 3DO comment

But I like Hotel Mario, the only thing bad I saw when playing this game was the controls. The graphics and sound could be recreated so why not make a remake. Not telling nintendo to do it. I'm doing it for my own enjoyment and only for my play. Don't say anything bad. This is just me.

They said the wii u will not play gamecube games. All i know is that the wii u will come out on propriety high density optical disks, Blue ray and dvds wont work and the power is slightly higher than the ps3 and 360.

Back