will the wiimote fit in the zapper...

thas

Canadian/Gamer for life
Sep 17, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
4614-1471-6665-4276
with the wiimote jacket on it? ive been wondering this for some time now. just didnt ask till now because i was playing galaxy.

I don't think it will fit in the zapper, but you won't be touching the wiimote anyways. (Taking it on and off can get repetitive and annoying, but it's just another fact of life.)

To tell you the truth, I am pretty sure that it won't fit. Good question but I don't think you would need any protection if the zapper is surrounding it. :)

i was wondering the same thing about the gh3 guitar.
im wondering if itll fit with the aftermarket jacket(not the nintendo BIG OL ONE)
but is there like 1/8inch clearance?

Walugi,

If there was that much clearance, then the remote would just rattle around normally....

Here are some 'rare' shots of the Zapper at different angles. These should answer your questions...as the product design speaks for itself...

I find it interesting that the jacket is actually addressed in a sticker -- but if you look at it, it seems backwards!

gglw0913d44ber8.jpg

gs1112fe3eiy0.jpg

I find it interesting that the jacket is actually addressed in a sticker -- but if you look at it, it seems backwards!
gglw04164d69xn0.jpg

I just have 2 thoughts that are left....

If you squeezed the handles together, would the unit feel solid, or would it want to bend and seem like was was going to buckle...i hope not, that would bug me...

Also, i wonder if there are any games that are more or less perfectly suited to the zapper, but would require you to have to remove the nunchuck from time to time... If that's the case, I would be afraid of this little plastic piece breaking off....Actually, now that I look at it, the way that the handle is designed to route the cord leads me to believe that this isn't that conducive to quick removal of the nunchuck... no biggie, i guess:

gglw0719d6afke9.jpg

Hope this cleared some stuff up for you guys....

Thanks,

Matt!

I just wrote a post elsewhere about this... I purchased a light gun shell from some random Korean company about two months ago. It cradles only the Wiimote, and has a passthru so that you could plug your nunchuk into the bottom of the pistol.

I much prefer this design because as you say, what happens in game where you'd need that 'chuk to move independently of your aim? Taking it in/out all the time would be tedious, which means that in order to see Light Gun support, we're going to start seeing game modes and game play tailored (read: dumbed down) for this 'bracketed' approach.

Also-- I was all set to say 'no, a jacketed Wiimote will not fit in the Guitar Hero guitar'. Then I tried it, and yeah, it will. This is, however, *totally* not recommended-- I didn't fully latch the cover on the rear of the guitar, because I had two wrist straps attached to that particular Wiimote. Thank Goodness, because for a panicky moment, I thought I wasn't gonna be able to remove the Wiimote. The stickiness of the rubberised jacket plus the already-razor-thin clearance makes it something I can not really advise. I had to use the wrist straps to rescue the Wiimote from its little coffin.

It definitely does not fit into my super-offbrand light gun shell with jacket. It probably will not fit into the Nintendo light gun shell.

most likely, it wouldn't fit there...

the wii remote gloves are made to protect it when being swung.

I doubt someone can accidentally throw their wii mote while in that perfectly secure zapper :]

haha i dont use wrist strap so maybe itll fit.
haha d00d its a pain in the ass to get it off.
on is alright its practice for putting on a condom imo.

Back