Will there be a price to hook up the Wii online?

Ohh man i hope I can connect my Wii but I don`t know if my conection will work... what do u think? it`s a broadband of 128 kb/s

Idunno, I think at least some of this stuff has to be fake. Think about it, Nintendo's goal with this console is to have mass appeal, even to non-gamers. Now, if you were a non-gamer and the Wii came out and you could control it with any one of three different controllers, a mic, a camera, motion sensitivity, internet, and have three different types of storage; do you think you would even give it a second look? Sounds awfully complex to me, not that it would be hard to use, but that's what a lot of people will think.

I agree, even though I know i'll get it some ppl may think of it as to much of a hassle.

ssbb_lover said:
Man, I love nintendo more and more by every passing day, and I also despise nintendo for every waking moment I don't have a wii...Me and nintendo kinda have one of those love-hate relationships, lol.
i totaly hear you man i love nintendo for what they are doing with the wii but i kinda hate them for not letting me know when i can get one by!!
also i love their earlier systems but im not so much in love with their recent systems.... i mean i still like their new systems but in some cases microsoft does what nintendon't

Amen. But I do like the gc -_-.
("nintendon't" very innovative just like the wii)

i hope there is someplace in the Wii's dashboard that shows its MAC address because i have my wireless router set to only allow wireless connections if their MAC address is entered in the "trusted" box

Homicidal_Gamer said:
It's been confirmed to be 100% free! But the only bad part to this is that it has also been confirmed that the Wii will use friend codes like it's DS partner. :(

What are friend codes?

- Scythe

Each day i hate nintendo more and more because of i learn more about the Wii, im in tears right now, i wish they would release some kinda demo for the G-cube, like a demo controller and Wii sports, i would pay 50 bucks for that, wouldnt you?!

Nah, I got to save my money up for the wii. Plus they couldn't even if they wanted to because w/ hardware and the absence of motion sensors in the gc it just couldn't be done.

Anyways I would get bored of it w/ just wii sports and it would ruin the anticipation and excitement to get a sneak preview at it.

Last edited:
So please someone explain to me in ENGLISH not in this technical talk about the Wii Connect 24 and all that Wii Wi-Fi thing. Just please someone explain i dont understand! (Meaning explain the whole thing) =)

If you simply do a search you will see TONS of info on WiiConnect-24. Even if you want to use as many technical terms as you want, it is still pretty easy to understand.

WiiConnect-24 is the Wii's online service. It is going to be used for downloading VC games, patches and updates, demos, amature Wii games, and online multi-player gaming. It is going to connect mainly by a Wi-Fi connection (wireless internet from a wireless router) or with a USB adapter that I really dont have much info on since I will be using my router.

Back