Will this TFT widescreen work with the wii?

slammer666

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2006
Hey guys, im looking to buy a wii and im getting my first widescreen TFT for my PC too.

VIEWSONIC VA1912W 19" Widescreen, 16:10 format aspect ratio, 8ms response time : vie-va1912

This is it here, does anyone know if i shall be able to use this with the wii? Would it need some kind of converter or would it just work with it, or not at all?

if not, im looking at this one also:
Hyundai X91W 19" LCD TFT, 8ms, 16:10 aspect ratio, 500:1 contrast ratio, DVI-D 24Pin, Speakers : hyd-x91w

That one says it supports:D-Sub, 15 Pin, DVI-D, 24 Pin

Some adivce would be great! Thx

Hope someone can help,
Thanks

the wii will work with any TV as long as you have the right hookups for it (it comes with the 3 prong A/V cables. you know, the red, white, and yellow ones)

Neither will work, the Wii doesn't offer VGA or DVI cables. I have the first one and have worked with the second, and can confirm that neither of them have the correct hookups.

sinx said:
Neither will work, the Wii doesn't offer VGA or DVI cables. I have the first one and have worked with the second, and can confirm that neither of them have the correct hookups.

Is there anyway you can get a converter or something to make them work with it?

Originally Posted by sinx

I ( THINK ) there is a component to VGA converter on the market somewhere, but I'm not sure if it will look very good.

But for that you would need to buy the component ( HD ) cables separately.
Component Video to VGA adapter-converter

Thats what I found on google, I'm pretty sure it would work but I'm not sure if you would need anything else, I think just that adapter and the component cables.

Back