Will Virtual Console Succeed?

Will Nintendo Succeed with virtual console

• Total voters
The Wii wont have Dreamcast games unfortunately, Microsoft have already claimed them for xbox live arcarde (i heard this in a news site podcast a while back)

aaa said:
i think that the WII will be a big hit but ps3 and xbobx 360 will be the winners in the end. but nintendo might and i hope will win when or if they do another window:cool:

The ps3 has broken down before it got to the starting line. The 360 had a head start but Wii will catch up in no time. There will be one winner in the end. Nintendo.

Last edited:
yami_riku said:
The Wii wont have Dreamcast games unfortunately, Microsoft have already claimed them for xbox live arcarde (i heard this in a news site podcast a while back)

Do you know when they're gonna start putting DC games on there?

I think Virtual Console will be great, being able to play most of those awesome games on SNES and N64 on the Wii. It definitely won't go the way of the Dreamcast 'cause it's only part of the system.

It would be quite something to play all of the mario games from Super Mario Brothers to Super Mario Galaxy in a row. Even the zelda series.

Wow!

ive heard you can use Gamecube controllers on the Wii and i think they would be great for playing N64 games with. ive got Zelda:OoT on GCN and i think it feel normal, although i didnt really play it for too long.

I think definitely if the VC games are too highly priced that it will ruin its potential. i dont really want to be paying more than about $10 for any back game, especially as its virtual.
Nintendo does need to include a Hard Drive to store those games too, i dont wont heaps of SD card with back games on them, id rather have at least 10GB to store it.

In another thread it said that Rare games are unavailable in VC, i havnt heard anything about this before, does anyone know anything about weather its true? if it is then that will be a great loss to both Nintendo and microsoft as games like Conkers, Perfect Dark, and Banjo Kazooie, JFG were some of the games i was most looking forward to. Also it wouldnt really make too much sense as microsoft is always trying to weasel money and theyve got Banjo on Gameboy.

In another thread it said that Rare games are unavailable in VC

That was all speculation based on the fact that microsoft owns rare, though i don't see the problem with microsoft putting games on the vc. it all depends on the profit and what deals nintendo is willing to make.

on one hand, microsoft didn't pay anything to develop the games and would have to spend a minimal amount to make it compatible with the vc, but on the other nintendo prolly has to make money off the deal too....

then again microsoft has its own version of the vc on xbox live....much more likely that once they catch wind of how many people want these they'll put them on there to help drive the 360 sales

i think micro soft will want them on live arcade so they get the cash

Back