Will we ever have 1-to-1 swordfighting?

iojpoutn

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2007
...like where the sword on the screen does exactly what you do with the wiimote. Most of us assumed there would be games like this when we bought our Wii's, but here we are a year later with games that only use the wiimote's motion sensors as replacements for button presses.

We know the Wii is capable of tracking 1-to-1 movement from the baseball game in Wii Sports, but do you think it's capable of registering hits from a sword and whatnot? If not, I'm going to seriously regret buying a Wii in the first place.

LucasArts has revealed that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will is coming to Wii next spring and it'll allow you to wield the Wii Remote as a Lightsaber. Now that's what we're talking about.

You can wield the Wii Remote as a lightsaber while using the Nunchuk controller to torment others with Force powers.

The game's story is set during the era between Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV A New Hope.

The Wii version, in development by Krome Studios, will also feature an exclusive duel mode in which players can compete head-to-head with their friends. Whether this is online remains to be seen, but we doubt it.

"Wii is a great platform for The Force Unleashed, because the console's motion-oriented controllers really bring the game to life," said Jim Ward, President of LucasArts. "We've worked hard to make the Wii version of the game unique in order to truly let you unleash the Force."
got that from here, http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=172278

Last edited:
There is a Kendo sim in the arcades

But I have never seen it

Sword combat will be hard to do realisicly due to the feal of two swords clashin (the wiimotes shake dosnt do anything)

Red Steel 2 could have good sword fighting, I know the first one was quite bad, or at least not spot on like we had hoped. Star Wars game could have good saber fighting though as well, hopefully we start seeing more games that have good sword fighting.

yeah hopefully force unleashed will have something SIMILAR to what you're describing, I think it's hoping for too much to actually get full, x/y/z axis on-screen sword control yet.......but if they did........that would be the only thing to take me away from MOHH2 for more than an hour *LOL* *droools*

I definitely want more games like this, that's what I hoped Red Steel would originally be.
Cool @ the Starwars game.

what about no more heroes? isn't that gonna be good swordfighting, nd wat about that samurai wariors katana or w/e is that gunna be 1:1 too?

Back