will we ever...

novaa

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2006
ok so they say the wii is a little more powerful then the xbox yada yada yada....will we ever see games that have the graphics as in halo 2, gran turismo 4, any graphics like those ever? zelda was nice, but it wasnt anything spectacular. just wondering if graphics like that is possible on the wii.

Its possible, and dont forget the wii is still a new console and developers are still adapting to the system

To be fair LoZ:TP was not a fair representation of the wii's graphical capabilities. Nintendo even said that this was a representation of the best the Game cube can do. The games for the wii have not been focusing on the graphics but on innovation involving the wiimote. Nintendo hasn't even be trying as far as graphics are concerned. Wait a while if you want to see high end graphics they will come if you're patient.

yea i hope your right. however if some of the games are just focusing on the wiimote and stuff, why make crappy first person shooters lol. redsteel would have been ALOT more fun if the control scheme was better. thats my opinion tho.

i also dont see how the wii will last for 5 years. i love the system dont get me wrong, but theres only SO many things you can do with a wiimote. it seems like gameplay for most games will be the same. but well see how it goes, hopefully it kicks some ass.

novaa said:
yea i hope your right. however if some of the games are just focusing on the wiimote and stuff, why make crappy first person shooters lol. redsteel would have been ALOT more fun if the control scheme was better. thats my opinion tho.

i also dont see how the wii will last for 5 years. i love the system dont get me wrong, but theres only SO many things you can do with a wiimote. it seems like gameplay for most games will be the same. but well see how it goes, hopefully it kicks some ass.

The crappy FPS are all ports that companies are looking to make some easy money off of without putting a lot of money and effort into them.

novaa said:
redsteel would have been ALOT more fun if the control scheme was better. .

Well the developers need to get used to the wii and it's controls before they can fully optimize a control layout. Remember this is the first time any developer has ever had to do anything beyond button mapping, now they have to map out all kinds of motion technology and figure it into the gaming. It's going to take some getting used to and trial and error on their parts to fine tune it to perfection.

As far as Wii graphics go, we will definitely see some awesome graphics from the Wii. Put it this way...if the Wii is better than Xbox 1, and Xbox 1 > PS2....look at how friggin awesome God of War 2 looks on PS2 hardware...that can only mean good possibilities for the Wii's performance visually. It all just comes down to how much the developers of these games want to actually work to get that kind of visual quality for their product. Some are geniuses at it like Square-Enix and Bungie and Epic Games....whereas others may tend to be a bit more sloppy.

I think Metroid, Galaxy, and Smash Bros will show us what the Wii can do graphically. At least I hope so.

smuPoker said:
I think Metroid, Galaxy, and Smash Bros will show us what the Wii can do graphically. At least I hope so.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Sadness should have some amazing graphics too.

Super Mario Galaxy is looking very nice. No More Heroes as well. Smash Brawl looks much better than Melee and you can tell the difference!

Most game systems require at least a year before games begin to truly optimize the hardware. Take the Xbox360 for example. It's first few games weren't all that amazing but then about a year later GoW comes out and that has very high quality graphics. It takes developers time to really begin to optimize for the hardware. Give it a year and then we will see some things that look better. Most of the current games began development before the console was released. Give them time.

Old Days

psyichic said:
Most game systems require at least a year before games begin to truly optimize the hardware. Take the Xbox360 for example. It's first few games weren't all that amazing but then about a year later GoW comes out and that has very high quality graphics. It takes developers time to really begin to optimize for the hardware. Give it a year and then we will see some things that look better. Most of the current games began development before the console was released. Give them time.

I'll always remember how incredible Ocarina of Time looked compared to the older GoldenEye. I do understand that GoldenEye was a shooter game, but those games were about a year apart and Zelda looked great. I think Zelda came out two years after the Nintendo 64 was released. It's very possible that with time, graphics will get better.

thats the way all systems are though... they very rarely get tapped to there full potential before they come out with the next gen... now the wii is pretty much an xbox but can be overclocked a tad more.. so its still lags behind the ps3 and 360... but the ps2 and xbox barely pushed the limits of there own system... so you will see some good games on it it will just be a little while... if wii takes the top spot for consoles then alot of 3rd party money will be dumped into game design for the wii just for sales sake of games... they will push it to the limits just so they can sell more games....

look at plain old NES super mario brothers compared to mario 3 they dont even look like they came off the same console... mario brothers 3 looks like a SNES game graphixs wise.. but nes was out forever and they went to the max with what it could do... new consoles rarely last 5 6 years... they have no reason to tap out the console in that short of time unless they have to compete for sales...

Back