Will wii games live up to the hype

Link of Arc

WiiChat Member
May 16, 2006
Im just wondering well nintendo games coming out will make major hits like the n64 games[zelda orcarina of time, mario 64, oo7. Rencently i think the quality of music in nintendo games have declined and some games like mario galaxy which seems to have childish music compared to super mario 64:( . The gamecube was Ok There where wonderful games but the music and titles didnt make put gaming to the next level as the n64 which featured quality music in gaems and revelutionary graphics and gaming in many popular titles. Will the wii have games that will bring such and impact on the gaming industry with games like zelda tp, mario galaxy, super smash bros. brawl, and others:confused:

I guess the childish music was targeting a younger-than-teenager audience, I hope they try to put some more emphasise for the teenage/older audience. This is evident in the videos/pics of other age groups participating in the multiplayer games.

Link of Arc said:
Im just wondering well nintendo games coming out will make major hits like the n64 games[zelda orcarina of time, mario 64, oo7. Rencently i think the quality of music in nintendo games have declined and some games like mario galaxy which seems to have childish music compared to super mario 64:( . The gamecube was Ok There where wonderful games but the music and titles didnt make put gaming to the next level as the n64 which featured quality music in gaems and revelutionary graphics and gaming in many popular titles. Will the wii have games that will bring such and impact on the gaming industry with games like zelda tp, mario galaxy, super smash bros. brawl, and others:confused:

There is no doubt the Zelda, Mario, Super Smash Bros, and dont forget Samus will take Nintendo back to the top. As for the music and titles I dont think they will make the same mistake twice as evident in latter gamecube releases<--Resident Evil 4. At first their wasnt a great selection for adult games but they did fix that problem somewhat.

Last edited:
Mabey your wright but nintendo really needs to work as hard to satisfie the gaming community as they did before 2001. Is it me or does it feel like nintendo has delined on smash hit video games recently.

It's just you :D , the best days of Nintendo are still yet to come. Sure there will be some games that are a let down, but there will be some games that are mind blowing.

SolidusRaccoon said:
It's just you :D , the best days of Nintendo are still yet to come. Sure there will be some games that are a let down, but there will be some games that are mind blowing.

Yeah Nintendo Gamecube did have some hits. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Super Smash Bros, and Capcom's Resident Evil's from Zero to the Remake of the original and part 4. How about Mario Kart, Eternal Darkness, Animal Crossing, lol I could keep on going. The Future looks even better.

Nintendo and gaming fans alike prepare for what's next. Nintendo is the FUTURE!

Last edited:
jesse said:
Yeah Nintendo Gamecube did have some hits. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Super Smash Bros, and Capcom's Resident Evil's from Zero to the Remake of the original and part 4. How about Mario Kart, Eternal Darkness, Animal Crossing, lol I could keep on going. The Future looks even better.

dude he just named a list of games that i could add to but im too tired . i played every game he said [numerious times] and the had some of the best music i ever heard. lemme jus say this eternal darkness i could say that and ppl will say, yep. u dont know what u missed, go to game stop and pick up some gc games and u will get alot cause there cheap. man the fuking wii ROCKS!!!! IT WILL WIN THE CONSOLE WARS MOCK MY WORDS U ALL WILL REMEMBER THE DAY WHEN XAVIER MCCLOUD TOLD U THIS!!!

mccloudxavier said:
jesse said:

dude he just named a list of games that i could add to but im too tired . i played every game he said [numerious times] and the had some of the best music i ever heard. lemme jus say this eternal darkness i could say that and ppl will say, yep. u dont know what u missed, go to game stop and pick up some gc games and u will get alot cause there cheap. man the fuking wii ROCKS!!!! IT WILL WIN THE CONSOLE WARS MOCK MY WORDS U ALL WILL REMEMBER THE DAY WHEN XAVIER MCCLOUD TOLD U THIS!!!

I agree with him :scared:

dude he just named a list of games that i could add to but im too tired . i played every game he said [numerious times] and the had some of the best music i ever heard. lemme jus say this eternal darkness i could say that and ppl will say, yep. u dont know what u missed, go to game stop and pick up some gc games and u will get alot cause there cheap. man the fuking wii ROCKS!!!! IT WILL WIN THE CONSOLE WARS MOCK MY WORDS U ALL WILL REMEMBER THE DAY WHEN XAVIER MCCLOUD TOLD U THIS!!![/QUOTE]

sorry to point it out but its MARK your words not mock. if we mocked your words wed be making fun of them.(just thought id point it out)

I'll like it anyway, its something different so therefore I like it

Lets not forget that this console will be backwards compatible for older and recent games too. So its not just about the new games but the oldies that everyone loves, not to mention the massive Sega Genesis archive that will be available through Virtual Console...

So either way, this system will release hit games, whether they are from 2006 or 1984... lol

- Scythe

Yup theres games for everyone so if there isnt a wii game out at the time that u like or ur waitin for one....U HAVE A WHOLE LIBRARY TO DOWNLOAD AND KILL TIME. Thats jus incredible Nintendo....Youve done it again

Back