Will Wii Owners Buy A Ps3 This Christmas?

hell yea im getting a ps3 cuz the wii always get boring

hoogasian5 said:
i already got the 3 systems and i play them the same amount except ps3 im haveing an issue with there being bitches and not taking my broke ps3 i was thinking of tradeing it in that ill be mad later done the rode that i did

Ugh I dont want a 360 cause they break, i didnt know ps3s were crap too. But at least microsoft always repairs your system i guess.

:mad5:
samXcor3 said:
Ugh I dont want a 360 cause they break, i didnt know ps3s were crap too. But at least microsoft always repairs your system i guess.

they should have mad the ps3 controller a little more smaller. whenever i go to walmart to play virtual fighter, the combos are technical so to do some kick i have to press like back triangle r2 and quare at the same time.

360: its a lot better in everything compared to 360. the buttons are a lot easier to et to. they have a lot of shooting games. about every 360 game has live. has better way to play online than ps3. this is something that i dont get from all of u 360 owners. In the MANUEL it says that you need to keep it off the floor and keep it in a COOL place, to prevent overheating and the red ring of FIRE. and with that said they even let you mail it to them to get it fix.

Yeah my stint back into console gaming with the wii has mostly proven to me that computers were and will always be superior gaming machines in almost every aspect. That said, I might fork over for a PS3 to play GTA IV at some point in the future when I can get one for cheap.

My PC is my XBox/PS3 type gaming machine, so I really don't intend to get a PS3 for gaming, but if Blu-Ray players stay up in price and the PS3 remains low, I may pick one up for its HD capabilities.

Yes I will be getting a PS3 for christmas to finish my troublesome trio of the 360, wii and now PS3. :)

ssbbking said:
:mad5:

they should have mad the ps3 controller a little more smaller. whenever i go to walmart to play virtual fighter, the combos are technical so to do some kick i have to press like back triangle r2 and quare at the same time.

360: its a lot better in everything compared to 360. the buttons are a lot easier to et to. they have a lot of shooting games. about every 360 game has live. has better way to play online than ps3. this is something that i dont get from all of u 360 owners. In the MANUEL it says that you need to keep it off the floor and keep it in a COOL place, to prevent overheating and the red ring of FIRE. and with that said they even let you mail it to them to get it fix.

I felt this comment from Kotaku sums it up ever so eloquently:

I'm an adult owner and an engineer with a masters degree. I totally take care of my stuff. Even the ridiculous requests MS customer support makes like plugging it into the wall socket by itself (no surge protector or extensions or whatever or other devices drawing off that outlet). I've had the wall current in my house measured even to make sure that isn't an issue. (Even though it's ridiculous considering the power supply has to have voltage regulation.) I keep it in a well ventilated location away from any other electronics or sources of heat, have never used an intercooler with it (which actually works against you) and even make sure the cables coming out the back don't interfer witht he air flow. I generally treat the thing like it was a Faberge Egg, and I've had two hardware failures.

I'm totally happy for you still being on your launch consoles (hey, I still have my PS1 from launch that works like gang-busters too, and have a non-launch NES, SNES, GC and fat PS2 that all work great also), but you are seriously lucky to not have had issues with the 360. I love the thing, but it has seriously undeniable hardware issues.

Just saying, because it is annoying hearing people who have not had issues (god bless their lucky souls) talk like those that have are foolish idiots sticking PB&J sandwiches into their disc trays and wondering, "why-for thing no work and all sticky?".

Anyway, back on topic, I managed to get my own PS3 a few weeks ago. Love it. As much as I love the Wii (I've invested more money into that console than any other...even though the PS3's pricetag gave it a nice head start), it still has a considerable "mature games" gap in its library. I enjoy the newage home-arcade sort of feel it presents, what with all the classic games and fun games that just about anyone can enjoy. However, I do need more hardcore game themes time to time, and there's just too way too much time between Metroid and Zelda releases to get that fix I need. My PC served that niche, but now the PS3 fits it just as easily.

Though I'll admit I got it primarily as a multimedia center unit. Sometimes I'm too lazy to hook up my laptop to stream media files from my computer to the livingroom 60" TV, and while the 360 can do these functions just as well, it doesn't match the other livingroom electronics as well, it makes a lot of noise, and its HD movie disc format has lots the recent format war. My first Blu-Ray video purchase was Planet Earth, and it's just awesome. There's also the whole annoying hardware failure thing....

I have to say, though, that when all is said and done, I don't necessarily see most Wii owners buying a PS3. For starters, it's my belief that a majority or at least a sizeable chunk of the Wii owners aren't necessarily gamers, and as such, couldn't see them forking over the money for a more dedicated hardcore gaming platform. They're just two very different audiences in general.

Last edited:
I don't think I'll be getting a Ps3 too soon. I'm not a metal gear fan but love some of the art and I'm no Final fantasy fan except for the one with meches in it on the snes. You know which one. So no I don't think people like me and many other are going to get one till it is lower than the xbox 360 or either $300 for a 40 gig one. Then it has to give me a real reason other than blue ray to get it.

There is too much to play on my PC that's good. The PS3 lacks away to mod games except for the UT3 stuff. The only way I would get one is if some one cracked the RSX so I could use linux on it.

I'm also not a GTA fan either. It was fun for like 3 days. Final fantasy should expect a bigger than halo launch yet even halo 3 did not help MS beat nintendo this year even with a head start.

I think she should say that the hardcore gamers that bought a Wii this year will be thinking about getting a PS3 this x-mas. Most have gotten their 2nd to 3rd replacement xbox 360 also. She may be reading the internet a little too much at this point because every one also said that they would get a PS3 as soon as it came out. That did not happen.

I'm expecting the Ps3 user base to actually mirror the xbox 360 in almost every way. Simply because the xbox 360 players are not new hardcore gamers most of them. Many of them will be getting a PS3 yet how many PS2 player will be getting one before a price drop? The same goes for Wii yet I don't see why the PS3 will be on Conan O brien or the daily show. We are talking about hardcore games that are ok with having 2 or 3 systems even if games actually are mirrored on two of the systems.

So I'm expecting a big year for PS3 yet it will stall just like the xbox 360 did unless good games can keep people playing rather than watch blue rays.

The Blue ray thing is big but once the terabyte disk come out then what? Will it be the laser disk of the industry or the MD mini disk that was stomped by the MP3 player. The format war is not over till you see what the powerhouses will do... I mean apple, and any one else that can actually provide market crushing results at premium prices.

Then to the US is about to hit an recession... Gas prices will eat and change you have laying around. It may be a little harder to get your kids a $500-$600 system after getting them a Wii that cost 250. Now if the price does fall it will have to hit $300 to make a difference.

Then on top of that many people believe that the Wii userbase are not gamers...LOL which is funny because they bought the thing to interact with not watch movies on it. Yet they may not be the type of gamer that runs off of hype like your topical hardcore gamer. I mean really put OMG and graphics in the same sentence and most of these guys would play gravy train murder death kill or GTMDK and I liked MDK too...LOL with out gravy.

Really this is a I hope this happens statement to show investors confidence so they don't jump ship. Investing is a 5-10 year game so those are the real hardcore player there.

Really if the PS3 did over take the Wii that would be great and it would make nintendo work even harder next time. It would also drive down some forms of tech. So i'll be rooting for them because they have come a long way from being still born. God of war 2 should be good though and that may be some thing I pick one up for.

Yet there are lots of unknowns here and various companies shifting that no one is accounting for. The 3rd parties will decide the faith of this war though if they can some how make people want to play these HD games with some thing other than higher shader counts and resolution. Online gaming is a start but is not a solution since that is partly the reason for PC gaming fall. People play online games for a range of 1-4 years with a few playing them till the code no longer works on current platforms.

I am getting a ps3 eventually. but thats because it is of more value to me with a psp.

We (that is me and my brother) are really considering buying a PS3 this christmas...That is with the expectations of a price drop this year. I would buy a 360, but there's just some things that don't entirely win me over on it. Plus my brother won't EVER want one.

Also to anyone who has a PS3 with CoD4...I heard from a friend that you are able to plug in a USB mouse and keyboard and play with that....Is that true? Also...Can you talk online with it?

Last edited:
Yes I will! I'm saving all the money I can because I'm going to travel to the US for christmas and new year!! And yes, everything is a lot more cheaper there, so that's why I won't buy my PS3 here in Chile... Just think about it, the Wii here is at 240.000 pesos, that would be around 480 US dollars, I't almost twice the price!

by christmas 08, ill be almost certainly getting a ps3

Back