Will wii Support Java?

foyaeman

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2006
Hey all.

Just wanted to know if there is going to be any support for Java on the Wii.

Thanks!

I would think so.... It seems to me that Java would be the easiest way to serve up weather and news.... and I'm pretty sure Opera would run it fine. Now way to tell for sure, but my money is on 'yes'.

hey

I actually read somewhere (I think in some opera press release), that JAVA won't be supported. I might try dig it up.

Edit, I think I found where I read it. It's actually an Interview of Opera's PR people.

??? said:
The Opera browser on Wii is based on Opera 9 and will include the same standards support. However, Java is not included.
See Wii Opera browser Q&A.

cyas

Last edited:
yeah, actually I have a hard time believing it will. Maybe you can download it or something... The opera browser, I'm guessing, will be very basic.

Oh

Oh, Darn. No IRC..No Java o_O

I bet there will probably be a plugin of some sort available though :)

Thanks!

There will have to be... Java is really built to be used across a variety of platforms, so I wouldn't be worried just because it won't be included with Opera....

Chances are it will be supported at some point, or there will be a workaround.

yeah it's kinda hard to find websites now that don't use Java in someway... even nintendo's website has Java all over it

i hope it supports Java with a plugin. Otherwise no gonintendo.com chat for me on my Wii. Damn, now I can't rub it in to everyone out of the U.S.'s faces cause we got ours first. :(

I hope it supports Java with a plugin. Otherwise no gonintendo.com chat for me on my Wii. Damn, now I can't rub it in to everyone out of the U.S.'s faces cause we got ours first. :(

Back