Will you marry me?

Syntax

That Canucks Fan
Dec 27, 2006
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0001
A Halo 3 Marriage Proposal

Published November 8, 2007

On November 3, 2007 Moviesign made a Forge map in Halo® 3, and set up what his girlfriend of over two years (furtive penguin) thought was going to be a two-on-two match with his friends. They started the game and Moviesign led furtive penguin to a spot where he claimed he'd put an energy sword.

Instead there was a nice top-down view where he had spelled out a proposal in weapons. He then asked her to be his teammate for life.

She said yes.

She said yes.

Furtive penguin and Moviesign recently moved from Indianapolis to Chicago where she (penguin) is a copyeditor and he (Movie) is a graphic designer. They haven't set a wedding date yet. As furtive penguin said, "We're waiting to see what the release date is for the next Halo game. We don't want any conflicts."

Congratulations to furtive penguin and Moviesign from the entire Xbox community!

Link to the article: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community...ommunityspotlights/20071108-halo3proposal.htm

Well, that's one way of going about proposing to your true love. Not necessarily something that I would ever do though...

Last edited:
:wtf: thats either...romantic...or weird...
Well this was the most interesting thing of my day so far...and I don't think I am going to do this when i propose to someone...

Aww shucks.
I would have said yes Syntax :lol:

Seriously though weird story there.
Kinda funnier than it is sweeter.

^Lol, it was a joke.

"We don't want any conflicts" refers to their marraige competing with a game, which is a joke in itself.

I believe that last part was a joke.. seeing as Halo 3 was the end of the Halo trilogy.

Aww shucks.
I would have said yes Syntax

I'll start the preparations.. two bachelor parties.. sounds lovely..

Well, I'm just glad people still think of this kinda stuff as weird instead of taking it as normal.

I have to be honest, I'd say no syn... THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!?!

Anyways, this just shows how sad our world has become...When HALO is the most romantic thing you can think of... And who needs to be LED to a sword XP.

I have to be honest, I'd say no syn... THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!?!

You missed your chance to reject me.. I'm already taken :D

CantGetAWii & Syntax
November 7, 2007

You can come to the bachelor party though..

Anyways, this just shows how sad our world has become...When HALO is the most romantic thing you can think of... And who needs to be LED to a sword XP.

Forge = Custom Maps = Custom Weapon Spawn Points

Anyways the only thing I feel slightly disturbing about this is that somewhere down the line her friends are going to ask her how he proposed, which obviously wont be the most romantic story. I myself, would find it to be somewhat embarrassing.

Yay, another gay wedding to attend! They're not as boring as hetero weddings in my experience ;D Congratulations Syntax and CantGetAWii!

In response to the article, that's strangely sweet. Thoughtful.

Back