Windows Emulation.

LyricistSoldier said:
:wtf: Dont run your fingers off.
I had my peace with you.
Hey, you were the one going in a wild tangent calling me a PMSing girl and didn't even ask for my gender, peace or not, that was offencive and uncalled for, maybe I should of PMed this instead, sorry forr going off topic everybody, you really gave me a shock when I opened up the thread in the middle of my networking lab at my school (I go to a vocational school), my lab instructor wouldn't take that to kindly

gamechaser001 said:
Hey, you were the one going in a wild tangent calling me a PMSing girl and didn't even ask for my gender, peace or not, that was offencive and uncalled for, maybe I should of PMed this instead, sorry forr going off topic everybody, you really gave me a shock when I opened up the thread in the middle of my networking lab at my school (I go to a vocational school), my lab instructor wouldn't take that to kindly

there i removed my offensive behavior er at least what I could :rolleyes:

Posting at school? *respectfully* Doesnt seem like a good idea to me mate, even if you dont have someone chappin your ass like me :D Must be a chill instructor to not care if you're posting during class (offensive material or not)

Yeah... Back on topic.

Getting an OS that can run a server onto a Wii...

lyricist, gamechaser, Take your argument to the IRC.

The Wii Linux wiki was informative, But there has to be something more concrete than that.

ok fine, back to the topic

No... there isnt any info yet. Its too new and no one from what i've seen so far has gotten past the first step. I'll keep it simple (ha er at least try to make sense)...

The Wii is already running a Linux system with proprietary GUI runnig basic open source applications. Catch is that the system is closed so that only signed code can exploit and use it. This small bit of linux software is hidden and embedded within the wii so that the operating system cant be lost or deleted. This is all in the wii so that its possible to add on things like channels and back before lauch speculated that it would make it so nintendo could invite 3rd party software to goin in the fun. So all you gotta do is get your way into the wii find this small crumb of linux and figure out how to duplicate this signed code and and attach it to your "homebrew" apps.

that make sense? im running of old info but im pree shure its all right

Last edited:
I don't think Windows on the Wii will happen since the Wii is PowerPC based. I'm not sure the Wii is powerful enough to emulate x86 hardware and Windows. Linux however is a possibility...eventually.

mym6 said:
I don't think Windows on the Wii will happen since the Wii is PowerPC based. I'm not sure the Wii is powerful enough to emulate x86 hardware and Windows. Linux however is a possibility...eventually.

agreed, i just went over the possiblility of linux, its already there we just have to figure out how to get to and use it

windows, wont happen.

LyricistSoldier said:

Posting at school? *respectfully* Doesnt seem like a good idea to me mate, even if you dont have someone chappin your ass like me :D Must be a chill instructor to not care if you're posting during class (offensive material or not)

Ok, thanks for the change

well, there are some times where there is nothing to do and emails/forums is the only thing I can do, my teacher is pretty nice, you wouldn't know it by looking at him (he looks like the type of guy that would be strict), he is okay with me going online and visiting random sites, the site just can't be a sites aginst school rules

Anyway, back on topic, try this

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Nintendo+Wii+Linux&btnG=Google+Search

I don't know if it has what you are looking for boxxertrumps, but it might lead you in the right direction, hope it helps

Back