Winston

Winston

WiiChat Member
Mar 22, 2008
Hi All,
Bought a new Wii the other day and the 9 year old kid in one it permanently since. It is the bizz.
However it has started to freeze after a few minutes of usage and the only out of it is to power it off and back on again. It will then work for another few minutes before the screen freezes again.

I have tried different games, withthe same result.
Remote batteries are not an issue.
Sensor is not an issue in that it can "see" the remotes no problem.

Symptoms are exactally the same as the PC locking up and you can't do anything.

It is not connected to the internet, so maybe I should do that and see if there is a software update or anything, but I was wondering if you guys can help first, before I move the thing form one room to another.

Thanks a million guys, the thing is the business,
Winnie.

It may be a faulty Wii, so your best bet would be to call the Nintendo helpline and tell them about your situation. They will provide you with some good tips etc. that may be able to solve your problem.

If not they will have you send your Wii into them and they will repair it if need be.

welcome and try giving it some "rest" for a few days.

Thanks guys,
I have powered it off 3 or 4 times at the wall and the problem has dissaperaed. I notice from other threads that overheating may be an issue but it has been in its stand (on edge) on the coffee table shelf under the TV all the time and it does not seem that hot. We turned off the power at the wall last night when finished with it and it is running fine this morning.

Thanks for the tips and if the problem returns we will contact nintendo.

Take care,
Winnie.

Back