Wired to Wireless?

SpacePyro

WiiChat Member
Apr 29, 2007
Bastrop, TX
Hello all!

As of right now, I currently do not own a Wii (I will very soon though, once I rack up enough money lol), but ever since I've been tampering with my friend's Wii, I've been thinking about how it will connect wirelessly.

Right now I just have a Linksys wired router that connects to two computers. However, when I get my Wii, I'd like to connect it wirelessly since it would be in a different room. I've been long considering having like a wireless hub to connect to my wired router...would this work? I'd like to keep my computers wired, but my Wii wireless. Any suggestions as to how to approach this?

Thanks!

oh really?
so i could just buy a wireless router, plug my two wired computers in it, and connect it with the wii via wifi?
interesting.
i feel dumb now :p lol

nah dont feel dumb, its my job to educate people about routers among many other things so i get that question a lot as its not really common knowledge yet.

Also, you could get another router (Wireless of course) and plug it into an ethernet cord coming from your wired router (not the cheapest solution, unless your getting the router for free like myself) but it can also work great if you have a router downstairs, and a line coming upstairs already, so the signal doesnt get knocked down.

Cyborg: If you do that connect the lan ports of both routers and disable DHCP on the second device other wise you will be in a dual nat situation which can cause all sorts of strange issues. You might need to use a crossover cable if one of the routers isn't auto crossover.

Yes sorry. I had just realized that after posting. So, not as easy as I would like, but still an alternative.

Back