Wired vs Wireless

Nemix

Frost-bitten
Jul 14, 2006
Hey,

I'm thinking of trading my two wireless controllers for two wired ones instead. I haven't tried out the wired ones but from what I know they should be exactly the same in performance and size minus the battery compartment.

I find the wireless controllers to be to heavy and bulky in practice and not suitable for my little brother who is 8 years old. Sometimes, I feel scared that I might drop my controller when playing on the wireless ones for some strange reason although it does not happen when I'm playing on the PS2's wired controllers...?

I drop my controllers constantly and they are still fine..I'm seriously badly clumsy.

But yeah the wired and wireless are exactly the same, bar the weight of the battery being removed of course.

I don't like being tethered, but if the weight is a problem, why not just trade one of the wireless for a wired, that way you still have freedom to move wherever you need to when you're playing.

My biggest issue with the wireless is that I run through the cheap batteries I buy.

blueovalboy7 said:
My biggest issue with the wireless is that I run through the cheap batteries I buy.
why don't you just buy the charger pack, with a sort of battery that fits into the space, and then you get a wired charger which plugs into the usb slot. costs like £15 in the UK.

me and my mate throw our 360 controllers at each other, no harm done apart from to our selfs.

Hah, I would but I'm lazy and cheap. My gf works at Best Buy and I get a 48 pack of double a batteries for like 5 bucks.

i would get a wired controller, i have one and there are no problems whatsoever. you might tangle up the wires if you get a wired one, its just a lot easier with wireless.

1) Wired Dont run out of batteries during a tournament. (Happened once to my bro:lol:)
2) Wireless cost you money since you need to keep buying batteries.

Jay61 said:
I drop my controllers constantly and they are still fine..I'm seriously badly clumsy.

Yeah, I've dropped mine so many too. Still working fine though, I think Microsoft controllers are more durable than Sony controllers.

But, it's just the thought of being worried of dropping it which distracts me from gameplay...

Back