wired -> wireless

Kazz

Hardware Modding Freak
Nov 23, 2006
Albany, NY USA
is there anyway to make my wired router into a wireless one for my wii? is there like a little adapter i can plug into my router that will broadcast the signal?

You can do the following

-Buy the Nintendo USB WiFi Adapter
-Get the USB Ethernet adapter for the wii when the adapter is released

The adapter means you would have to take an ethernet wire from the router to the wii

So the USB adapter is a much better choice if you have a PC

i dont understand how the USB adapter works. is it jst like an receiver antenna that takes the Wii's signal and pipes it into my router?

It creates a small wireless network that only supports the Nintendo hardware. It works for DS as well.

lol ic. does the adapter plug into my computer then broadcast to the wii i take it? cuz my wii is going to be in another room (family room) which is behind a wall where the wii is going to be (on my 56" tv :) )

Well Its meant to go through walls, and you should be OK, I play on getting one myself. Yar!

Kazz said:
lol ic. does the adapter plug into my computer then broadcast to the wii i take it? cuz my wii is going to be in another room (family room) which is behind a wall where the wii is going to be (on my 56" tv :) )

It plugs into a USB port on your computer, and comes with a little cord that can extend it a short distance.

I have one, and would recommend you get one aswell. My computer is downstairs, and my wii is upstairs, and i still get a strong signal. It is also really easy to set up.

Im getting the wire kit but can I add my own ethernet cable into the adaptor sicne my wii is like 60 feet from the computer.

The Wifi Connector is retailed at around 39.99 Canada, probably around 35ish dollars in America. As opposed to a router which is somewhere in the hundreds for a decent one.

Its $80AUS here and router wireless is about $250AUS. For a good one. So yeah, usb = best way

Back