wired -> wireless

Just get a new router

Just get a new router they really aren't that expensive. Or if you really don't want a new router a wireless access point will expand on your preexisting network. With 802.11n coming out now 802.11g routers have really come down in price some even go for free after rebate, like my own D-link.

The only problem is that you'll want to make sure that whatever router you get is sufficient for Nintendo's wifi connect the list of routers is on Nintendo's website. I'm currently using a D-link Extreme G wifi router with no issues, but I prefer linksys or netgear. Check out Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! or search Froogle for better prices and selection.:cornut:

honestly you should get a router. my linksys g router only cost 40$ thats 5 more than the usb dongle but you don't need to worry about bogging your computer down with excessive software or about your computer crashing and losing your wifi. it should not matter what router you buy as long as it is standard 802.11b/g compliant.

You mean Wired < Wireless, the arrow always points to the lesser value. :) Anyway, the Nintendo USB adaptor works like ****, and I suggest this one as I've had no problems with this and it's quite easy to install.

Linksys - 802.11g Wireless Router - WRT54G

Currently it is on sale, unfortunately, I didn't get it for 50 bucks, rather I got it for 70.

If you use the USB adaptor won't you need to leave your P.C. on all the time to take full advantage of the connect 24? I'd prefer a router so my Wii is connected to the net 24/7, it would probably be faster to, not having to go through your P.C. first then your modem.

yeah, but we are poor and I would have to buy it all myself :p to take full advantage of the wii, yes you need a wireless router or your computer on 24/7, but I will survive doing it all manually. Though if my dad ever things of getting wireless...;)

nkbswe5 said:
Well your the first user ot say the Wii USB is bad. Have you had one in the past?

I've used my friend's USB adaptor and it only worked if you were X amount of feet toward it, while this Wireless router that I have now, you can be across the street at my buddy's house and still have access to it.

x amount of feet is good enough for me due to I only live around old people, and the wii ads are false. they wont play it with me :D

Back