Wireless Connection

Lt DHasselhoff

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
Ok, don't flame me for asking this, I am still a little unclear what the answer is. Does the Wii come with a built in wi-fi capability? In other words if I am running a wireless network, will the Wii be able to connect to my router with no additional hardware or do you have to buy an adapter like the xbox 360?

Sorry if this has been answered before. I just find it hard to believe it is included and the Nintendo online is also free. This is shaping up to be a great "alternate" console.

Lt DHasselhoff said:
Ok, don't flame me for asking this, I am still a little unclear what the answer is. Does the Wii come with a built in wi-fi capability? In other words if I am running a wireless network, will the Wii be able to connect to my router with no additional hardware or do you have to buy an adapter like the xbox 360?

Sorry if this has been answered before. I just find it hard to believe it is included and the Nintendo online is also free. This is shaping up to be a great "alternate" console.

It is 100% wifi out of the box so you can connect straight away!!!!
And yes the nintendo online is FREE!!:hand: :arf: :cornut:

Has anyone heard how the online is, such as testing? I am wondering if it will be playable online? I have heard rumors that the online my be less than stellar at this point.

Does anybody know if any games will be able to be played with people around the world? I'm unclear as to what Wifi actually means. Does it just mean that you can connect with another system if it's in close proximity like the same room? Or will there come a game where I can play multiplayer with people around the world?

MetroidZ said:
If the online play is anything like the Nintendo DS, the Wii should be fine. ^^

You play pple all around the world with Wifi. ^

I don't have a DS, is the online play pretty good?

Back