Wireless Hack for NES and SNES Controllers

naisatoh

MS3
May 26, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Wii Online Code
6760-4137-2833-7556
This is old news, but I didn't see any previous threads when I ran a search.

A few months ago, someone by the name of Mark Feldman was able to successfully modify an old school NES and SNES controller to create a wireless controller that worked with the Wii's Virtual Console.

finished.jpg

A few months later, he posted the instructions on the internet so we could make our very own wireless controllers. I was wondering if anyone here has heard of this, and more importantly, if anyone here has made one. I'm thinking of trying this out, and thought it would be cool if there was someone here who has already given it a shot.

You can find Mark Feldman's website here.

EDIT: I have purchased my used SNES controllers and will begin disassembling/reassembling as soon as I receive my other components. Since I don't have much experience in this sort of thing and since I imagine many of you don't either, I will be updating this thread with simplified instructions as I figure out different aspects of the process. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
I wouldn't pay a thing. I'd make it myself :cool:

Well.. you'd have to pay for the supplies.. I have an old controller, but I would still need to get everything else.

naisatoh said:
Well.. you'd have to pay for the supplies.. I have an old controller, but I would still need to get everything else.
Well true, but I wouldn't buy it premade.

masonb15 said:
Well true, but I wouldn't buy it premade.

It would cost more than $80 premade. He said it costs $80 to MAKE. Therefore, that is for all the parts.

If he was to sell the finished product he would have to charge about $100 at least to make up for the manual labour involved.

i think it would be stupid to pay 80 dollars to do that, just play the game the way it was meant to be played wired lol

its not worth to do that seeing it would cost $80 to make it. with $80 I can buy a wii game plus a wii points card.

well they sell gamecube port to SNES or NES controller adapters for like 20 bucks so i'd proabbly just buy that and play the good old wired way

I like it in wired mode best.

The most modding i've done to a NES controller is adding a few funky LED's that I "aquired" at school. They come on when a button is pressed :lol:

What a waste... with $80 you can get 10 SNES games. What I want is instructions on a SNES controller to USB, so that I can play games on my computer properly. Legally of course, but my SNES broke down, so I need to play them emulated. And I don't want to rebuy all the games off the virtual console :sick:

Point taken.. I guess no has tried making one of these, nor is anyone really interested in shelling out the money to make one.

While it is much cheaper and simpler to get a wired adapter, I just thought it would be nice to go wireless, especially since everything else is wireless too.

And while it is expensive, I was hoping to figure out a way to make the process less expensive. The person who posted the instructions has only made one of each controller and hasn't had a chance to minimize cost.

Either way though.. I guess I'm the only one here who would actually be willing to spend a little extra to put one of these together..

It seems to me like its overly elaborate. There should be some way to take a wavebird and connect the transmitter to the controller. Besides, the controllers wouldn't be right because there has to be a place for the batteries.

Back