Wireless internet, but cannot connect Wii

AngelLove101

WiiChat Member
Jun 12, 2007
Oregon
Well, I already have wireless internet at my house. i tried to set that up on my wii, but i got an error message, and it wouldn't connect. I looked it up, and it it said something about switching the router channel to 1 or 11 or something. anyways... did i do something wrong? help! im new to the wii

well, the thing is, is i don't know how to do that, and it's not my router. im just curious if i go out and buy the USB thing for the Wii for Wifi if that'll work

hmm, maybe your router has a lock on it?? or maybe you mean like 802.11g and it needs to be different? i dont know i just went to hte connection setup and ti showed mine, and an unlocked icon and it works fine.

AngelLove101 said:
well, the thing is, is i don't know how to do that, and it's not my router. im just curious if i go out and buy the USB thing for the Wii for Wifi if that'll work
Who's router is it then? Are you sure it isn't encrypted?

If you have the instruction booklet for the router, look it up and find out how to get to the settings for the router.

well... i live with my parents, so the routers theirs. im not sure if there's some sort of firewall? i don't know... my mom had to tell the router or whatever to let my PSP in, so maybe thats it? i don't want to change the channels on it, because what if that messes up everything else? i don't know... im a little paranoid with technology sometimes. anywho, thanks for your help every one! but i still can't get it.

Everyone: Is the MAC address listed on the bottom of the Wii?

pass. never looked.

go into> wii options>console information>
the Wii (wireless MAC) is listed there.

with regards to the OP's question, it does sound like the router is
employing WEP security ('cos the PSP doesn't do WPA) or MAC
filtering or both.

get your parents to add the Wii's MAC address to the "allowed" list
and ask them to give you the WEP key.

Back