WNDR4000 -N750 WII Wireless Problem

sandocan

WiiChat Member
May 14, 2011
Chicago
Guys,

I have recently purchased Netgear N750/WNDR4000 router. But after changing the router my Wii internet is no more going into Internet. Its failing connection test. This router does not have WEP but WPA2-PSK. My friend has bought WNDR3700 and has same wireless security setting. His WII is working fine. Can you all please shed some solutions?

thanks
s

WEP security not supported on 802.11n

Hello,

WEP security has been removed for 802.11n to comply with the WiFi certification.

Your Wii will need WEP to successfully connect to your WiFi; therefore you can log into the GUI and select the "up to 54mbps" under wireless settings, allowing your network to successfully connect your Wii using WEP since this will be 802.11g. (up to 54mbps)

Good luck, and don't hesitate to reach out.

Happy Networking,

-NtwkGenie

Last edited:
Wpa-psk

Can you clarify what you mean by the Wii not supporting WPA-PSK? It is an option on the Wii manual settings page. Thank you.

BTW, my Wii's Wifi has not been able to connect since I installed my NetGear WNDR4000. I'll triple check the router and Wii settings when I get a chance.

N750 wireless dual band router

I am having the same connection issues with the wii. I change the mode to up to 54 mbps and I have a connection now with WPA2-PSK [AES]
It is a bit jumpy, but I am able to use the playon server now. I thought going up in a router would be good, but I was wrong until nintendo does something to solve this issue.

Wii connects fine now

I disabled the 5Ghz band (802.11a/n) on my NetGear, and my Wii was able to discover and connect fine via WPA2-PSK [AES].

Manually set up static IP and DNS works for me!

and I don't have to turn off 5GHz network :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back