Wolfenstein 3D is 20

DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Good ol' Wolfenstein... Think I'll give it another run through in celebration, why the hell not. Nostalgia here I come.

Wow great game one of the first first person shooters out there and it shined against all odds

At least you paid for a quality item.

Unless you got the SNES version

That would suck, I've seen the creepy 16-bit SNES version and prefer my 32-bit better one.

Its a good version, but it came out when Nintendo was going mental with censorship so there was a lot of stuff taken out.

Internet lore has a linked fabe to it and it is thus.
There is an urban legend that id Software, angered with Nintendo of America's censorship in the SNES version of Wolfenstein 3D, gave the source code for that game to Wisdom Tree as part of a kind of "revenge" for them to make an unofficial clone to mock them. However, the legend is not true: Wisdom Tree was an ordinary technology licensee, though id Software knew that this game would be an independent "rogue title" and not officially licensed by Nintendo.The game was not a commercial success, suffering from the lack of major marketing common to other Wisdom Tree titles. It was most commonly found in Christian bookstores.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_3D_Noah%27s_Ark#Connection_to_id_Software

I read that Nintendo was given a death threat because of the re-edited version of Mortal Kombat. The parent did not like Nintendo editing their children's games. Now that is a true story.

So many memories Wolfenstein 3D. Being three years of age playing a what is now known as an "M" rated game. Getting my mother angry because I'm sitting in front of her 1992 PC, cussing at it all because a German Nazi killed me. I'M NOT GOING TO LET THE NAZI SCUM GET ME! Of course I didn't know all about Hitler or Nazi (heard Nazi, but never understood the entire definition).

cammy-2.jpg

They where going to edit Super Street fighter 2

Give Cammy pants, they choose not to

Back