Wonderful....just wonderful

Mr.Herron

Do work
Nov 19, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
Wii Online Code
7639-4013-3402-7457
0101071707.jpg

My wii had been freezing up and acting very weird for the past week or so. I go to the system settings to see if maybe there was a system update, and the above screen is what i saw. I was able to reset the wii and now i can get into the system settings, i was wondering if i should try anything before i exchange mine for a new one? Like reformatting the system.

Maybe call tech support if they have a 800 number where you are not charged, or do a reformat. Might be ok now but not a good thing to see that screen.

I think im going to contact nintendo tomorrow. See what they have to say. My console is registered so i dont know if that will help me at all or anything. Sucks i had to loose a lot of the stuff i had.

Maybe i can hold out till the new colors are released and exchange it for a black one :D j/k

I'll probably end up having to exchange it within the week some time.

surfinrach90 said:
Sux 2 be you :)
Yeah, it does. Keep your useless posts to yourself.

Thanks.

@ NeMyZyZ : Sounds fun. Did you give it a reach-around also?

Can you go to the menus and stuff? you can go to settings and reformat at. But if you can't, then i guess Nintendo Support is all you got :(

if you have to reformat or get a new wii .... do you loose your Virtual Console games? coz if i paid for them ... i don't wanna pay again !

W

Sorry to hear of your issues Mr.Herron :sad: I hope that you get your system fixed soon. Not so long ago our 360 fried itself, and we had to send it off to Microsoft to get fixed. Where did you buy it? I've had great experiences with Target in regards to this kinda thing, the PSP I bought my husband broke after a couple weeks and they took it right back and gave us a brand new one. *hugs* Good luck!

denim_lover said:
if you have to reformat or get a new wii .... do you loose your Virtual Console games? coz if i paid for them ... i don't wanna pay again !

W

Yes, unfortunately.

I purchased my system at bestbuy the sunday after launch. Got the 2 year warranty so im not sweating it too much as far as loosing money. The system is also registered and has the extended warranty through nintendo itself. From what i understand, nintendo will fix the console free of charge if its under warranty. Can anyone confirm?

You don't really lose them. Sure, they're removed from your system, but Nintendo keeps a record of what games you've bought, so while you do have to re-download them, you don't have to pay for them.

Kepa said:
You don't really lose them. Sure, they're removed from your system, but Nintendo keeps a record of what games you've bought, so while you do have to re-download them, you don't have to pay for them.

True but there is one thing that must be done since VC Games are bound to your Wii you have to get in touch with Nintendos support to get them working in new console if you get it replaced.

Back