Words that your head in!

Gaz said:
n00b means newcommer as well, genreally people who only post spam are called n00b because they are often new to a board. you got mixed up somewhere along the lines

and your l33t is mixed up, you only want to use numbers to replace certain letters, what you did is just stupid, and ruins the whole point..
so it should be

17'5 fun 70 m0ck p30pl3 by 5p34k1n9 l337 47 7h3m.
not doing any more cos it's silly.
Actually
it's done both ways... and there isn't really a point in leet speak anyway.

|33+ $|*3@|< |-|@$ |\|0 |*01|\|+ +0 1+.
|337 5p34k h45 n0 p01n7 70 17.

Newbie is a term for someone who is more new to something, but has an idea what to do.
Noob is a term for someone who is new to something, and has no idea what to do and often messes up.
With a N00b, it kind of like a person who licks pavement. They do things just to do it, and seem to lack all forms of common sense.

Umm
just to try to clarify my point more... I'll give some of my MMO examples.

When going into PvP, a N00B heads straight for the Neutral monster instead of the other players, or yells at the Tank to heal.
A Noob tries to attack with a staff when they're a caster (never, ever do that).
A Newbie does things fairly well, but doesn't have the experience to do things properly. (As a caster) Blast, Blast, Blast, Blast, gets hit, can't cast anymore and dies. Should be Blast, Blast, root/mez, run further, then Blast, Blast.

Hope you can understand my points.

i hate the phrase "cool beans." i don't really know why... besides that, i can't think of any words themselves that bother me, it's the way that people say them.

Taills said:
Actually it's done both ways... and there isn't really a point in leet speak anyway.

|33+ $|*3@|< |-|@$ |\|0 |*01|\|+ +0 1+.
|337 5p34k h45 n0 p01n7 70 17.

ok from your comments, i can tell your quite young. because there is a reason behind l33t, and it was back when internet chat rooms where big, and 'hackers' as such used them to comunicate. and l33t speak was a simple way of talking quickly without to much decoding.
and theres different types of l33t, wtih normal l33t as i showed, and elite l33t and some others..

Gaz said:
ok from your comments, i can tell your quite young. because there is a reason behind l33t, and it was back when internet chat rooms where big, and 'hackers' as such used them to comunicate. and l33t speak was a simple way of talking quickly without to much decoding.
and theres different types of l33t, wtih normal l33t as i showed, and elite l33t and some others..
She's 18 buddy. :) Young, but not childish.

Hmm...I hate it when people go off on prolonged MMORPG examples. :lol:

I hate when people add mismatched endings onto words.
IE: ubertastic, that's just poor taste.
There are plenty of excellent words in the English language if you'll just take the time to learn them.

By the way, my favorite words are surreptitious and pregasaurus.

Gymdawg said:
I hate when people add mismatched endings onto words.
IE: ubertastic, that's just poor taste.
There are plenty of excellent words in the English language if you'll just take the time to learn them.

By the way, my favorite words are surreptitious and pregasaurus.
Mine is aedificium (latin for building), such a common word and it's so catchy...

Gaz said:

Still
being so, there's no point to it anymore.
and your l33t is mixed up, you only want to use numbers to replace certain letters, what you did is just stupid, and ruins the whole point..
Most people know what it is, so what Bra did (for his reason) holds more ground to use it that way than the common way. Only thing I see that he did wrong was call it 1337 speek.

B351d35 w17h 7r4n5|470r5 f0r 7h15 k1nd 0f 7h1n6 n0w, 7h3 m0r3 un1qu3 7h3 b3773r.
|}3$1[)3$ \X/1+|-| +|2@|\|$|@+0|2$ |=0|2 +|-|1$ |<1|\|[) 0|= +|-|1|\|6 |\|0\X/, +|-|3 |\/|0|23 |_||\|1q|_|3 +|-|3 |}3++3|2.

Hmm...I hate it when people go off on prolonged MMORPG examples.

^Taills, does it take you a long time to make posts? Do you have to insert the url for your pics everytime you post?

I'm not dogging on you in anyway, just curious.

As for the words noob, noobism, and n00b. I despise all of them. It hurts my ears when I read those words, usually just ignore them though...:scared:

I'm content with newbie. I would say that it's much older than those three. I guess I'm somewhat old fashioned.

sherwood3570 said:
^Taills, does it take you a long time to make posts? Do you have to insert the url for your pics everytime you post?

I'm not dogging on you in anyway, just curious.

As for the words noob, noobism, and n00b. I despise all of them. It hurts my ears when I read those words, usually just ignore them though...:scared:

I'm content with newbie. I would say that it's much older than those three. I guess I'm somewhat old fashioned.

Usually.
And I use the

Hmm, I use the word n00b, yes, yes I do. Being the first one to actually admit it, it's only used in a derogetory (no idea how that's spelt) way.

I'd use it on the internet for like voice chat but never in real life because no one knows what the hell one is.

And pwned just sounds wrong in real life; because no one knows what it is and it IS NOT PAWNED.

@ sherwood.....Gene's only a year younger than you...

dumb n00b. Ahahah

I kid da yooper.

Edit@sherwood.... photobucket automatically renders and copies the url to your clipboard. You simply click on the picture's link, then Ctrl-v on wiichat. Pretty simple actually.

edit2@gene: remember the riddles thread? hahhahahahahaahah. like...an hour writing it. LMAO

Last edited:
Frogger said:
Hmm, I use the word n00b, yes, yes I do. Being the first one to actually admit it, it's only used in a derogetory (no idea how that's spelt) way.

I'd use it on the internet for like voice chat but never in real life because no one knows what the hell one is.

And pwned just sounds wrong in real life; because no one knows what it is and it IS NOT PAWNED.

No u arent read my post on the first page.

Frogger said:

Yep! Pwned is pronounced exactly the same way as "owned."

Back