Work Experience?

surfinrach90

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT.
Dec 27, 2006
Heyy there, did a search and saw that this hasn't been made before so, thought I'd make it :)

Where did you go or what did you do for your work experience?​

Tell us if you enjoyed, how long you did it for etc, etc..

Me, I went to a Primary school in my home town that I went to for a couple of years because at the time I wanted to be a teacher.

It was okay, the kids were funny, I did it for two weeks in 2005 :)

Factory - Didnt finish it
It board the hell outa me (and it was durrin my dark years)

A toy store (cant remeber the name)
Was fun they sold out of a certain pupet thing just becuase I started to play with it

A few years ago I got a job detasseling corn. It was long houred, 100 degree work but I did it for three weeks and made 400 bucks and bought a tv and a gamecube.:)

Haven't had a paying job but back around 2004 or so I did some voluntary work coaching hockey with another adult which was quite fun.

My work experience sucked

Did it for a week in a building full of old people
Most of my mates got like £30 as a thank you at the end and I got jack ****.
Sucked so much balls....

I was working at one of the head-offices of Shell. I was working with the manager and he thought I did pretty good. Infact he paid me in the end and I was allowed to eat or drink anything I wanted in the shop section at anytime.
Overall it was cool.

Worked claims at an auto insurance company sucks mad balls a while back and moved on to a better job now. Cannot recommend it unless one likes being yelled and cursed at by rude low class demanding knuckleheads.

never did any work experience in school, which I'm assuming you're talking about? Just went out and got a real job.

LOL Crovax
In UK you have to do it in Year 10/When your 14/15

Dunno about Canada though.... And we do it to get a 'taste' of real working conditions which proves to be boring lol

I had my work experience in my old primary school, because, it was that or Marks and Spencer in the city centre, which is a lot of money when you're travelling by bus.

The kids were very annoying, I brought my DS in and had to wreste it off a small blonde child with warts on her hands because she wanted to see what it did, in a manner my poor unstable brick DS couldn't take. Another thing is she pestered me and wanted to hold my hand and play with my hair all day.

Good thing was that we got to go wherever we wanted for our lunch, so I went to Sayers, bakery and just bought as many cakes as I could. Nothing much for £1.20 a day though.

The best thing was though:
Foolish little child in year 5: "Hey, do we have to go swimming in Cardinal Heenan when we're in Broughton Hall?" (Cardinal Heenan being the boys school next to my school, the all girls school)
"No, we don't go swimming"
"Why?"
"Because we're girls"
"Why can't we?"
"Because... we're girls"
"Why?"
"BECAUSE WE'RE NOT BOYS"
"But why can't we go swimming?"
"Because we're considered inferior among the species"
"Eeee, that's sly"

Naive people, gotta love 'em.

Frogger said:
I had my work experience in my old primary school, because, it was that or Marks and Spencer in the city centre, which is a lot of money when you're travelling by bus.

The kids were very annoying, I brought my DS in and had to wreste it off a small blonde child with warts on her hands because she wanted to see what it did, in a manner my poor unstable brick DS couldn't take. Another thing is she pestered me and wanted to hold my hand and play with my hair all day.

Good thing was that we got to go wherever we wanted for our lunch, so I went to Sayers, bakery and just bought as many cakes as I could. Nothing much for £1.20 a day though.

The best thing was though:
Foolish little child in year 5: "Hey, do we have to go swimming in Cardinal Heenan when we're in Broughton Hall?" (Cardinal Heenan being the boys school next to my school, the all girls school)
"No, we don't go swimming"
"Why?"
"Because we're girls"
"Why can't we?"
"Because... we're girls"
"Why?"
"BECAUSE WE'RE NOT BOYS"
"But why can't we go swimming?"
"Because we're considered inferior among the species"
"Eeee, that's sly"

Naive people, gotta love 'em.
I can see you had a fun time. :lol:

I got to go wherever I wanted for food too, my aunty worked right next door to the school so sometimes I'd take sandwiches and go eat with her in her office, but my sister works in a restaurant in the town so I went there too :)

Free fooooood :D

Back