Worst News in a Decade

Its not overly bad news though.
They haven't outsold em overall in Japan I don't believe, just for that certain time period listed.

No worries.

I think the worst news would be the world would be ending within the next 2 minutes or something... o_O

But it's not. The competition is good for the industry, it's good for us all. I figured this back and forth push and pull like a long distance race would take place, and I figured the wii would spur this on, intensififying it.

The PS3 is one tight machine! I call it the Hummer of the videogame world. I know many many people want one, but just couldn't afford it cuz of that high price. Now that the price went down, people are flocking to get one! I mean for what it has, I think it's the best value for what you paid for it, even when the price was high. I mean I want one! Now that the price dropped, its more within my reach.

Nintendo is giving priorty to the USA for the Wii. Besides it means nothing in the long run. Right now Nintendo has sold over 15 million units worldwide where the PS3 is above 5 million, and 360 is at 14 million. Sony has also been cited multiple times this year for COOKING their unit sales. VGChartz is no longer reporting accurate console sales on any system(not adding in Thanksgiving sales for any console). Also the VGChartz games top 40 games are completely unaccurate with Game Developer's sales charts. Game Developer gets direct access to company sales, VGchartz seems to run off a ticker.

sagema said:
Nintendo is giving priorty to the USA for the Wii. Besides it means nothing in the long run. Right now Nintendo has sold over 15 million units worldwide where the PS3 is above 5 million, and 360 is at 14 million. Sony has also been cited multiple times this year for COOKING their unit sales. VGChartz is no longer reporting accurate console sales on any system(not adding in Thanksgiving sales for any console). Also the VGChartz games top 40 games are completely unaccurate with Game Developer's sales charts. Game Developer gets direct access to company sales, VGchartz seems to run off a ticker.

What does COOKING mean?

We should not take this news as a bad thing
nintendo would push it to the limit
and make the wii the biggest baddest thing in town
making ppl want to buy nd ppl who own to lubbb =]

Thats not bad news at all. And anyway the distribution of wii's is lower in alot of places. Just because more pS3's sold there this month could mean alot of things including that there were simply more ps3's available for purchase. And the difference in the numbers isnt very big anyway.

this is like the 2nd or 3rd week its happened already and its just cuz there arent that many wiis. and the new price also helps. imma get one now.

According to IGN and Media Create, the Wii outsold the PS3 last week but the PS3 this month did better overall. Not really a surprise when there hasn't been any big Wii game for months.

I dont think it has anything to do with there not being any new games....any and all games that are out for the wii would be new if you never had a wii to begin with.

Big deal. It's not like the Wii is doing poorly. In fact, in some ways this is really a good thing- it means Nintendo will have to work harder to be number 1 in Japan again.

Back