Worst online setup ever!

Sevn.7

WiiChat Member
Jan 15, 2008
Hey I wanna play 2v2 with my buddy, o wait they dont have an option for that. I have to find 2 other people that want to do the same and then write 2 friends codes in and then do it again every single time we want new challengers! whats this now? No one can see what color everyone else is? How do they expect us to setup team matches if we cant communicate and it wont even let us see who picked which team they are on! *Game Starts* Now its 2v1v1 what kind of crap is this???

How bout some random match one on one? No can do, doesnt exist. Why? I have no idea.

Well looks like a lot of friends are on those hours of typing in friend codes paid off, I see some people online, ill create a game. Come on in guys..... What?!?! Why cant I invite anyone in here. I just have to hope they come in?!?! I cant pause this 45 second timer?? WHY NOT?!?! I AM HOST! I HAVE SEEN BETTER CONNECTION DESIGNS WITH IP ADDRESSES IN 1998!

Finally I got a good one on one going against some guy i just found off the forums.. Whats this?? Someone else joining my game?!?! GET OUT IM TRYING TO DO ONE ON ONE! Guess he doesnt know after all there is no communication in this game

Its a real good thing my actions are lag-delayed so far behind in 4v4 otherwise I might have actually hit the guy I was aiming for instead of the one I just killed

I have played 1vs1. Though it was only Random people. I haven't added anyone to SSBB yet. But I think you should calm yourself. Tis only a game, mate.

Nintendo said it'll take a week for the servers to stabilize. I'm actually shocked they didn't expect this many people would buy the game. A chat channel would have helped a ton, and the lack of any form of host(You set the rules before the game starts) power hurts. Is it fun? Yes. Is the online setup made for a 5 year old? Yes.

I plan on getting Mario Kart(That will have a chat room), and Star Craft 2. I figure between those 3 games I should be more than set this year.

Those are all legitimate complaints. What I don't understand is why they failed to add them. They're all extremely simple and easy (and obvious) to implement; they wouldn't have violated any of Nintendo's ridiculous rules about online play; and they wouldn't have messed up the matchmaking system at all.

Nintendo really dropped the ball here. Still, the game is very fun when the online is working right.

Oh, and can't you do 2v2? Don't you just do Team Battle? I've never tried it, so I'm not sure how it works.

Atomheart said:
Those are all legitimate complaints. What I don't understand is why they failed to add them. They're all extremely simple and easy (and obvious) to implement; they wouldn't have violated any of Nintendo's ridiculous rules about online play; and they wouldn't have messed up the matchmaking system at all.

Nintendo really dropped the ball here. Still, the game is very fun when the online is working right.

Oh, and can't you do 2v2? Don't you just do Team Battle? I've never tried it, so I'm not sure how it works.

There is an option to do 2v2 once nintendo makes it work anyway, but you cant play with a friend. You go 2v2 and hope your ranomd partner isnt a noob. Even worse if you do end up with a sucky partner you cant make up for him because if he dies you both lose a point since your stuck in 2 minute KO and its shared!

Look I said it once and I'll say it again. The Japanese suck at making online games. Don't get me wrong, the games they make are great, but they fall short in the most basic online features. Resident Evil Outbreak, Metal Gear Solid 3, PSO, Final Fantasy 11 all suffered basic online features. No voice chat, no chat room, poor translator between countries.

Sevn.7 said:
There is an option to do 2v2 once nintendo makes it work anyway, but you cant play with a friend. You go 2v2 and hope your ranomd partner isnt a noob. Even worse if you do end up with a sucky partner you cant make up for him because if he dies you both lose a point since your stuck in 2 minute KO and its shared!

Even in Friends mode? I guess only have friends that are good. :crazy:

I hope in gods name they (Nintendo) Fix this. Think about it:
1, they pushed back the date 40 times? =)
2, its such a great game that will get boring without constant, stable, an reliable online game play.
3, why, why, why, if their being so protective, why, why, is Japan known to be one of the most perverted countries in the world. I aint bashin them, an this might be crossin the line, I apologize, but its a vague statistic. I wanna erase this, but I typed it out anyways, xD. But come on, I was waiting for a wonderful online game...

They failed. Its not that bad, but atleast I can wait for their servers to straighten up. Im tired of gettin connected with a friend off this forum an having the match lagggggg asssSssSs hellll.

Im done, In a few weeks the lag part might be fixed. An in a few months, I hope to God they make some updates. Wi-Fi has failed, but they have a chance to redeem theirselves.

Edit:

My friend being retarded on my user name, sorry.

Last edited:
Sevn.7 said:
Yeah dude why cant you do two people on one system online vs two other randoms online??biggest letdown ever.

Back