Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Worst with component cable or

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by wuju, Dec 12, 2006.

1. wuju

wuju WiiChat Member

I've got the ASiD TECH HD PRO component cable from Best Buy and tried it on my Panasonic 36 inchesHDTV. I could see the images being sharper to a point that it looks worst than the regular cable. I have Zelda, and I noticed that even though I could see Link being sharper, I also see all the imperfection. e.g. i see the jagged edges all around Link instead of smooth lines with the regular cable.

This isthe same for the Wii sports too. I see the jagged edge lines all over with the component input; while the lines are smoother with the regular cable input.

Yes, I have turned on the 480p setting. Same thing.

What gives? Is it because it's a 3rd party cable or I'll get the same result even with Nintendo made component cable?

2. Wiily Good

Wiily Good WiiChat Member

Can someone please answer cause I need to know the same thing.

3. pizzaluvr

pizzaluvr world crown chimpokomastr

it's most likely your tv, and the Wii doesn't have any anti aliasing, so it can't smooth out the jaggies

4. jlspec

jlspec WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6920-9646-7256-3871
    6920-9646-7256-3871
    Check your settings on your TV. After the component cables I can't stand playing using the regular cables anymore. True, that with the component you might see some of the imperfections here and there but I'll say 95% of the time it's way better because the regular is nothing but imperfections.

5. Ummagumma

Ummagumma Wheeeee!

Wii Friend Code: 3228-1603-8139-8807
    3228-1603-8139-8807
    I suspect it's the cables. The reason I say this is, I bought those ASiD component cables from Best Buy, and when I plugged them in my graphics went all to shite.

With me though, it wasn't just an increase in jaggies. My colours went off, with everything looking sepia toned. Plus, there was strange video interference every time the screen changed. As well, the audio buzzed loudly.

I took them back for another set, and they did the same thing. So now I'm waiting on official component cables from Nintendo, so see if indeed it's the cables, or if my poor Wii is unable to put out an image in 480p.

6. adf3424sdff

adf3424sdff Guest

Top Poster Of Month

lost season 3

7. savoirvivre

savoirvivre Wii Ninja!

for example. If you have really good headphones, and i mean really good.
    and you convert a music cd to 128k. There are lots of imperfections there, so you will hear these small imperfections. As a whole though, a lot of people will appreciate that they are seeing the true form even with imperfections.

I think this can be said about some games in the wii. The tv is really good, the cable is really good, but the game might not have anti-aliasing so the small imperfections like jaggies can be seen. But over all most people will say its an improvement since its more clear and more sharper.

If you look at some of the photos being posted around. I think its noticeable that the colors become a bit less red. The lines become sharger, possibly jaggied.

http://au.gamespot.com/features/6162297/p-2.html?sid=6162297&page=2
    check that out for comparisons. IF your results don't look like that, (after you put your mouse over the image), it could be a technical problem.

#7 savoirvivre, Dec 13, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  8. wuju

wuju WiiChat Member

It's not my TV, because the output of my Xbox 360 with component is amazing. e.g. Gears of Wars is superb.

9. wuju

wuju WiiChat Member

thanks for all the replies. My only hope is that the cable that I got sucks and the problem that I see is an isolated incident from a bad cable. I'll wait for the official one. When would I be able to get it from Best Buy?

10. wuju

wuju WiiChat Member

It's hard to tell on the gamespot site because the images are not big enough like you'll see from your TV to see all the jaggies.

I agree, I imagine it might be the software. With good TV and output to 480p, it brings out all the uglies.

11. savoirvivre

savoirvivre Wii Ninja!

ok, umm the official cables should be out soon.
    or you can purchas ethem at the nintendo store online.
    link to nintendo store

12. Ummagumma

Ummagumma Wheeeee!

Wii Friend Code: 3228-1603-8139-8807
    3228-1603-8139-8807
    I'm getting them through Nintendo online, I have no idea when Best Buy will have them.

13. savoirvivre

savoirvivre Wii Ninja!

good choice. im actually getting them today. i'll try and note the difference. what i'll do is, i'll post video of the differences. I'll do my best. my camera takes somwhat decent video, i think it'll do the job. th eonly problem might be the conversion that happens when posted on youtube or wateva. i'll see what can be done. :)

any suggestions let me know

14. vagrant

vagrant ₪ ۩ ₪

Wii Friend Code: 8573-5327-9660-0097
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    best buys around here are currently selling the $30 react cables and $59 psyclone cables.

15. wuju

wuju WiiChat Member

That'll be cool. Thanks. :)

16. wuju

wuju WiiChat Member

17. dendj5

dendj5 Wii # 0191-3081-9171-5295

Wii Friend Code: 0191-3081-9171-5295
    0191-3081-9171-5295
    I just bought the React Component Cables for my Wii and I am nothing but pleased with the difference. My Wii is playing on my 30" Samsung Slimfit as I am waiting on my PS3 for my 57" Toshiba to play on.