Worth buying a Wi-Fi USB thingy If i dont have any WIFI games?

Aside from the USB dongle, you can use the LAN adapter or a wireless router. The LAN adapter is just a little box that plugs into the Wii's USB port. On the other side of the box is an input for an ethernet cable that you run from your modem (or wired/wireless router). If you're modem is an entirely different room, you might want to consider just springing for a wireless router. You can get nice ones for around $50. The Linksys WRT54G (or whatever) is very popular and has served me well; it costed me $50. On the other hand, the LAN adapter is around $30 plus $5-10 for a decent CAT6 cable to run between the modem and adapter. Still, then you'll have a cable running through your house.

Obviously, the LAN adapter is the easiest to install and get up and running. You just plug a few cables and you're done. The wireless router will require some futzing around on your computer setting up security and getting it to work with your Wii. It's not difficult and there are guides; however, it does require a bit of computer knowledge.

Anyway, I do have the Nintendo LAN adapter that I no longer use. If you wanted, I could sell it to you cheap. PM me if interested.

well the usb does work, for me atleast, if your wii is more than 30 ft away from your wii say "forget you usb, i'm going for a wireless router"

the wii points card is very fun to go buy even though it angers "mii" at how it comes in a big case instead of when you purchase it it's not like a phone card, activated when purchased.

SensesFail said:
http://www.meijer.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=33548&parentCategoryId=199&categoryId=905&subCategoryId=914&source=goo_games&s_kwcid=wii%20lan%20adapter|887298606

this is what you need. pick it up at any gaming store for 30 US dollars (not sure what that translates to in australian money but to put it in perspective a new wii game costs 50 us dollars)

Why buy that one when the official Nintendo one is the same price? I'll take Nintendo over generic every time, especially when the prices are equal.

TortillaChip520 said:
trust ME then, just look at my enormous strand of rep and heaping post count!

HEY I FOUND A USE FOR GETTING REPED YAY!!! I'M REPPING YOU FOR HELPING ME REALIZE WHAT IT'S FOR!!!!!

yeah VC is worth it though. and you can just buy a long-ass ethernet cable and connect your wii when you want the internet and disconect/put cord away when its not in use. thats what i do for my systems. i have wi-fi in my house but its too much trouble to set my PS3 up for that. and im not about to spend 99.99 for an xbox wireless adapter. lol

SensesFail said:
yeah VC is worth it though. and you can just buy a long-ass ethernet cable and connect your wii when you want the internet and disconect/put cord away when its not in use. thats what i do for my systems. i have wi-fi in my house but its too much trouble to set my PS3 up for that. and im not about to spend 99.99 for an xbox wireless adapter. lol

Huh? The 360 doesn't have wireless built-in? That was a bone-headed move. I was actually considering picking one up down the road, but not if I have to drop another $100 to get it online (I refuse to run cables through my apartment).

Atomheart said:
Huh? The 360 doesn't have wireless built-in? That was a bone-headed move. I was actually considering picking one up down the road, but not if I have to drop another $100 to get it online (I refuse to run cables through my apartment).

not to mention the $15.00 a month for it.

Dkw0101 said:
not to mention the $15.00 a month for it.

It's less then 4 dollars a month...(If you buy the year card) And it's only $90 now for the wireless adapter now.

Dkw0101 said:
well the usb does work, for me atleast, if your wii is more than 30 ft away from your wii say "forget you usb, i'm going for a wireless router"

the wii points card is very fun to go buy even though it angers "mii" at how it comes in a big case instead of when you purchase it it's not like a phone card, activated when purchased.
One person that the USB is working for it will work for me. I have seen them in my target and will but one when i next go.

does this mean i helped out? if so no need to rep me, just leave the money behind the rock at 7:00 a.m. tommorrow eastern time.

TortillaChip520 said:
^ lol that's goin in the sig

again, no need to rep me, just leave some money behind the rock at 7:00 eastern time, and i better see 2 moneybags

Back