worth it?? i think not

$?wii?$

WiiChat Member
Oct 24, 2006
ive been on other forums and some of the Americans that recieved thier wii's today arent very happy :( alot of people are complaining about:

1) flaws in red steel {dissapointed coz i was going to get that game!}
2) about how the motion sensor is too sensitive and isnt working correctly
3) complaining that there arms get too tired easily
4) some people have recieved faulty Wii's and have to return them to get a new one

there are more but i cant remember them now.

so is it really worth spending money on such a machine?

P.S I am not a fanboy BUT i do hate it when people say that 'Atleast its cheaper than a PS3'. Well i honestly think that the PS3 is worth it, as your not just getting a games console but you are getting an entertainment system but thats another argument...

the ONLY gripe i have is the Wii mote pointer thing is off and i cant figure out how to fix it. if i point the wiimote to the center of the screen, the arrow will be off the screen on the bottom

Mitch2025 said:
the ONLY gripe i have is the Wii mote pointer thing is off and i cant figure out how to fix it. if i point the wiimote to the center of the screen, the arrow will be off the screen on the bottom

im sure you can sort that out through settings but otherwise i am not at all impressed by the wii and dissapointed :(

Mitch2025 said:
It could be because of the sensor bar... but when I played it at GameStop, the pointer seemed to work just fine for me. It was really sensitive... but you change the sensitivity... :shocked:

Mitch2025 said:
i tryed and tryed. you cant. i think i might just have the sensor bar placed incorrectly
ARe you saying you can't change the sensitivity? If you got to Wii Settings and then go to... maybe Sensor bar... and then click Sensitivity then you can change it. I don't know if it effects games though.. :prrr:

i didnt say anything even close to sensitivity. i said the pointer is way off and i cant get it to be where im pointing the wii mote. its like 8 inches off. think of a cordinate plain. if im poining at 0,0 with the wii mote, the arrow is at -8,0

Mitch2025 said:
i didnt say anything even close to sensitivity. i said the pointer is way off and i cant get it to be where im pointing the wii mote. its like 8 inches off. think of a cordinate plain. if im poining at 0,0 with the wii mote, the arrow is at -8,0
Meh - I didn't know what you were talking about. Anyways, that's bad.. :nonod:

Mitch2025 said:
move the sensor bar 8 units up then. Or the TV 8 units down.

Sillyhat said:
The people that get tired too easily need to toughen up, and stop complaining.

you cant justify that because there are times when i come back from chilling with friends at night and your tired but want to play games!! how can i play wii when i just want to sit down, have a drink on the left and pizza on the right!! how am i supposed to play WII!! lol

$?wii?$ said:
you cant justify that because there are times when i come back from chilling with friends at night and your tired but want to play games!! how can i play wii when i just want to sit down, have a drink on the left and pizza on the right!! how am i supposed to play WII!! lol
It really isn't that tiring... it's not like you're holding your hands up. You're almost holding it like a regular controller, except that yeah, you move. But honestly... how much energy does that take.

Homesrfan said:
It really isn't that tiring... it's not like you're holding your hands up. You're almost holding it like a regular controller, except that yeah, you move. But honestly... how much energy does that take.

yeah i know i am not really bothered about getting tired because what you say is true but i am worried about playing games like red steel. the motion sensitivity doesnt work as you want it too!! well thats what alot of peeps say

$?wii?$ said:
yeah i know i am not really bothered about getting tired because what you say is true but i am worried about playing games like red steel. the motion sensitivity doesnt work as you want it too!! well thats what alot of peeps say
True, but I expect there are some mellow and calm games too. I guess I won't really know until I have one, but I've played it.

Of course you know the people playing it right now have been waiting in line for a long time and are already tired!

Give a week for some better opinions.

Back