Would Wii still have this popularity if it was worth $650

ProShooter

WiiChat Member
Aug 8, 2007
Do you think there would be this much wii owners if the wii was worth $650? Most likely not although would it still be this popular?Discuss

the wii is worth $650 :p it just isn't j/k

i would not have a console this generation if the wii was more aspensive. . . actually eventually i would be able to buy a 360 (like now i would have enough for a 360)

If the Wii was to cost that much I probably wouldn't even consider getting one.

For that about of money, I would never consider buying on. The wii is good and all, but for the selection of games, no HDTV computability, and lack of graphics, it's a turn off at that price.

No console to date has had a real success story with a $600 price tag. The closest would be the SNK Neo-Geo, ranked the second longest lived console to date, second only to the Atari 2600. While some may consider it a "success" story, however that is in fact limited, due note that the company did go bankrupt. :)

It probably wouldn't be as popular if it was $650, and to be honest, if it were that much, I would want HDTV, or at least extra features. I personally think $250 is a good price for the Wii; $650, not so much.

I would have bought a 360, and then probably commited suicide when Brawl came out and I couldn't play it.

I think of it like this...the wii was intended to be made as a game system that changed the gaming world. while everyone was concerned about one-upping each other in graphics(sony and microsoft), the wii was intended to be groundbreaking in another way(control/interface)...also in changing the way that people interact with the game, it made it something that not only hard core gamers could enjoy, but something that those who have never been interested in video games could enjoy. By broadening the customer base, they also had to take into account their customer's budgets. I say all that to say, nintendo made the wii a game system that everyone could afford, rather than creating just a niche item that only some would spend 500+ on. It wouldn't be a Wii if it cost 650 dollars

The low price was the main reason that I thought about getting a Wii in the first place. I was originally thinking of getting a PS3, but because of the high retail price, I bought a Wii instead. So, my answer is "No". I would not have thought about getting a Wii if the price was that high.

no half the reason its so popular is because parents see it as the cheapest out of the consoles when they go to wal mart for their kids...

I think the wii should be worth 400. Were pretty lucky to buy it for $279.99.
Sovieto said:
no half the reason its so popular is because parents see it as the cheapest out of the consoles when they go to wal mart for their kids...
Lol that is so true!

no way, low price is whats got it in the top spot, if the ps3 costed 250 thats what ide proly would have

The price tag was one of the several reasons I chose the wii over the 360 and PS3, especially considering since the N64 I have (had) been thoroughly converted into a devout Sony-lover.

That said, should the price for a wii been something like $500 or 600, and combine that with arguably one of the worst cases of not having enough units to go around (whether that was planned by Nintendo or not) and I would have very easily been convinced to probably choose a PS3, if I had to choose one, not that I probably would until the price dropped a good bit.

Back