Would you Camp for Brawl?

I heard they pushed bak the release date to Feb. 10....Is this true.....If so that sux man.....

Gam3rFr3ak said:
I heard they pushed bak the release date to Feb. 10....Is this true.....If so that sux man.....

yeah it is true. its not that big of a deal. at least we know it will be super awesome!

largedarry said:
I would totally camp all night for it. /end sarcasm

I have better things to do then camp out for a game. And to quote South Park "I have a life"
Campping out for a game does not mean you don't have a life...your going to be sleeping about that time anyway, these people will be up doing something not wasting their life sleeping...sheesh

Marioman said:
Campping out for a game does not mean you don't have a life...your going to be sleeping about that time anyway, these people will be up doing something not wasting their life sleeping...sheesh
Well he's actually kind of right, But i acknowlage i have no life, It's what i choose and once you think about it, Waiting just for a stupid video game >_> yeah.. you pretty much have no life if you are camping out for a video game, But hey im a gamer its my dooty ;D

People who come onto forums to tell people they have no life, have no life.

Exactly, I have no life. What else am I going to do on a Sunday? Camp out for this awesome game that me and my friends have been going crazy to get our hands on.

Mingus said:
I would like some proof please

I don't need to prove anything, and I'm too busy looking after my two kids to prove it.

And if you've never seen the south park episode I'm talking about, you won't really get it. I'm not trying to flame anybody, I just thought this was a perfect time to quote south park. Has anybody here seen the WOW episode?

Last edited:
I have mine reserved, but heck i might camp just for the heck of it, so i can be first to get it. I plan to shun all responsiblities that week and play smash like many others

...no, I didnt even camp out for my Wii. My gf did :) . It was an early xmas present to me and she wanted to get me something I "really wanted". She felt bad because I never really "loved" the gifts she has gotten in the past so she wanted me to get something I would love. Needless to say she was right and I love it. I got her an ipod nano 8g with TONS of accessories too though... **** my gf is the best ima go hug her right damn now haha

Last edited:
Wiggly said:
...no, I didnt even camp out for my Wii. My gf did :) . It was an early xmas present to me and she wanted to get me something I "really wanted". She felt bad because I never really "loved" the gifts she has gotten in the past so she wanted me to get something I would love. Needless to say she was right and I love it. I got her an ipod nano 8g with TONS of accessories too though... **** my gf is the best ima go hug her right damn now haha

My story is very similar.

My now fiance and I had both been dying for a wii, she promised to get me one for the holidays. (we were dating at the time and both still lived with our parents)

I asked how would she get it since she lived out in the boondocks 25 minutes from the city with no car. Her parents were going to take her? Not likely.

So she relented to giving me the money so I could buy it but not play it until after x-mas. (i still gotta get her back for that one.)

I did my research and learned that our local gamestop was getting 'a few' (undisclosed number..they hinted less than 4.) wii's before the holiday season.

I asked to pre-order and was told no it was first come first serve. So I walk about to the mall at like 12:30 at night and spend the night sipping coffe from a thermos and playing my DS. I was forever bestowed by the Gamestop owner as "Albany's most devoted gamer" for my troubles.

The conversation went something like this:
*after explaining to the rent-a-cop for the third time that I was not breaking any laws by waiting outside the store for it to open*

Manager: Why the hell are you here so early?
Me: *shivering* I heard you were getting your wii shipment in today.
Manager: You mean to tell me..you waited all night long..in the cold...for a F%&king wii?
Me: Yup.
Manager: Are you nuts?
Me:No..I'm devoted.
Manager:*laughs* well...you earned it.

There were a few others there as well to get wii' for their kids for Christmas. One of the other mall employees took one of them leaving a very upset mother and a most likely very disappointed little boy come Christmas morning. (aparently he had made a deal with the gamestop clerk in advance thus screwing the last person out of their wii..since he worked there and got there before they opened to the public)

But this game will be pre-ordered so there will be no frstbite this time.

^^ lol, i like that story.

Well, i would camp for it. No doubt. but i have a psp, not a ds, so I'd take that. 3 mates from school are as Brawl hungry as me (there are alot of wii owners and brawl lovers at my school) so i might line up the night before if they were up for it. But here in Australia, they shut the entire complex down... does that happen in u.s? Or can you line up outside the shop, rather than the whole mall.

idn if im' going to camp out,(already preordered it), i'm just going to eb games on feb 9th, ask them if they know around what time they're getting it, say if it comes around noon, i'll go there arou 10:30, cause my eb games has a 10 minute line up on usualy days, with brawl it's going to be really long.....and i just hate lines

Back